Getting a girl's phone number from someone else

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bluefox1081, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

So there's this girl that I played co-ed slow-pitch softball with. She didn't start with the team in the beginning though, she started playing with us maybe halfway through the season. But this past Sunday was our last game of the year, so I won't be able to see her until at least next April or May.

I don't really know why I didn't ask her for her number myself. I guess I was just being a bit of a wuss, and both of her parents play for the team too (mom and stepdad), so they're also at the games. I'm in my mid-20s, so that issue shouldn't really have bothered me, but I do have some issues with self-confidence. I although I'm not like some fat nerd or anything, I do seem to have horrible social skills when it comes to women...so it has been awhile since I've been with one.

Also, another thing that made me a little nervous is the fact that she's 18 years old. Now, I'm not gonna go off on a rant like many people do, about how she's so mature for her age :rolleyes:, because well, I don't know her enough to make that assumption. We've briefly talked during games, but not enough to gauge any kind of interest. She's cute, athletic, seems like a nice girl, down the earth, etc., so naturally, I developed an attraction to her.

But anyway, seeing as I never asked her for her number, I'm beginning to have some regrets. The age issue is what I thought was stopping me, but the more I think about it, the more I'm pretty sure it had more to do with my lack of self-confidence...it's not like this is the first time I've had this same feeling of regret. There were plenty of women in my life that I was too much of a pussy to ask out (or talk to for that matter :hsugh:).

Even though I never asked her for her number, a good friend of mine (who is also the captain of our team) does have her number.
    So I guess my question is, is it a bad move on my part to get her number from my friend so I can call her? Or should I just let it go and wait till next year to talk to her? Or should I not even bother with her because of the age difference (I'm 26)?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You are building this all up way too much in your head. You don't know the girl and already you are fantasizing about how her age would ultimately be the downfall on your relationship.

Calm down.

Get her number from your mutual friend. Call her. Ask her on a date. She might say no. She might say she has a bf. If she says no then drop it and move on.

If she says yes to a date have one planned so you can say "ok, we're going ____ on ____." Go on the fucking date and see if you even really like her, or if the age thing will always bug you. If you are over her after the dates or after a few dates then end it. I personally think it's silly to get this anxious over an 18 year old girl who you will most likely just have a very small fling with.

3. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

:hsd:
    I'm not very concerned about the age difference that much, I just wanted to get some opinions on it. I'm not really looking into the relationship too much either (about the whole "future downfall")...I just want to get to know her better and take it from there (nothing in my mind about it either being a fling or a LTR).

The biggest issue in my head was the fact that I'd be calling her without actually asking her for her number. I just didn't know if it would seem creepy if a guy was to call a girl he barely knows, by getting her number from a friend (not really mutual friends. He's my friend, and I think he works with her stepdad).

But thanks for your advice. It's actually the kind of advice I was hoping for, and coming from a woman (who seems to be consitently level-headed on this forum) makes it all the better.

4. B_RowL

B_RowL OT Supporter

Well you don't have much of a choice now even though it seems kind of sketch to get her number through your coach. Oh well. Go for it and if you crash and burn then just learn from what you did.

And the next time you meet a prospect remember the situation your in now and how much easier it would be to just get her number in the first place.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

If she has(d) any interest in you at all she wouldn't be freaked out by the call. My bf got my number from our mutual friend (I had an interest in him) and he called me out of the blue. It made me very excited! However, if she has no interest in you then yeah, she might be weirded out, but who cares? You'll get it over with and find out if she wants anything or nothing to do with you so that you can move forward no matter what the outcome :)

6. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Yeah I know. There's some confidence and social issues I need to work on.

:bowdown:
    Good to see I wasn't the only guy in this situation, and it actually worked for him. Thanks.

7. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

In for update on the fail

8. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

:rofl:
    I'm still at work, and I won't be home until Monday (going on a small vacation), so I won't be doing this until probably tomorrow...so if I have any news on this, I won't be able to update till Monday night.

9. zshedster

zshedster Guest

Give it a try, she will probally dig the fact that your older. Most younger chicks tend to act like that. I had a couple of younger girls that I dated tell me that i reminded them of there dad, kind freaked me out because I banged both of them? But go fot it, I'll be waiting for the update and enjoy the vay ca.

10. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Update:
    Friend of mine says he doesn't have her number. Told me he has her stepdad's number (cause he plays on the softball team), but he's going to try and get it for me. It's been a couple days since I talked to him, so it looks like this isn't going to happen...hope I'm wrong though.

11. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

Call the step dad and ask. Brownie points. Brownie points.

12. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Do what everybody else does nowadays...facebook her :mamoru:

13. iwishyouwerebeer

No fucking way! If I was 18 and some guy in his mid-20's called my dad to get my number he'd freak out and go off on the guy! The dad knows who this kid is and knows how old he is. I highly doubt he'd be pleased he was calling him to get her number.

Honestly TS, now this does sound like too much work :hs:

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Here's a better idea for you. You guys all played on a team together so how about you set up a game one night and invite everyone. Say that you really enjoyed playing and you'd like to get together with everyone again. Call up the stepdad or have your friend do it and invite their whole family. Even if you don't end up getting her # at least you guys should all have a good time. And that's a lot less creepy than getting her # from her stepdad.

15. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

I get creeped out when people randomly call or text me when I did not give them my number. Just drop the idea.

16. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

You're 26 and you want to date an 18 year old? That's a little creepy, bro. I'm 23, and I'd feel REALLY weird dating anyone younger than 21. :hsugh:

17. nezfotnemom

nezfotnemom OT Supporter

LOL I was joking. He's already being creepy enough trying to contact through others. I was just adding some LULZ

18. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Don't know her last name, and I'm not on facebook or myspace.

I thought about it for awhile. Age difference doesn't really bother me much. I've known a few people that have dated people with larger age differences.

But yeah, I've pretty much given up on it. If my friend comes up with her number, I'll use it...if not, oh well. I'm not gonna persue it any further than I've already gone.

19. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

im sorry but 8 years and her being barely legal doesnt really add up for me...

20. pdawg23

pdawg23 New Member

it really boils down to if u think she is interested in u..
    i know some girls r really good at hiding their interest, but if u at least caught her looking at u and look away when u make eye contact more than a few times, i think u r good to go..
    it's not gonna be easy but if u really wanna do it then fuck it
    gl