getting a few bands out there

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by ALLISTER, May 3, 2004.

1. ALLISTER

ALLISTER california mountain snake

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  2. :bsflag:

Are you retarded? There are like 5 bands on your list that are actually signed to Drive-Thru. NFG, Senses Fail, and maybe Moneen. Besides that, I don't see any other bands with the exception of Yellowcard that really has anything to do with Drive-Thru. And I think I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, Sublime, Sonic Youth, Incubus, Soul Coughing (who i'm pretty sure broke up like 3 years ago), Superdrag, and Led Zepplin have never ever had anything to do with Drive-Thru. Christ, Sublime hasn't been Sublime since before the Drive-Thru label was created.

I move to have this person banned for being a complete moron and wasting our time with a bunch of BS and post-whoring.

3. SoBrokenHearted

SoBrokenHearted summer unfolded like a tapestry

I'm sorry, but I can't trust a record label that promotes a band as shitty as Steel Train.

4. Count Grishnackh

Count Grishnackh Three weeds from the same root

5. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

Before y'all hate, you should check Jenoah, they actually kick a lot of ass, kind of like strokes or interpol mixed with the walkmen...good stuff, I'm listening to hellogoodbye after this, let you know
    So yeah, hellogoodbye is crap... It's electronic bubblegum rockers...definately pass on this shite, but definately get Jenoah (coming from a rock fan. if you like the strokes, the cure, and the pixies, you'll like Jenoah)

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  6. Drive-Thru turned to shite as soon as NFG started getting big. All they did was gobble up and sign a bunch of NFG/blink182 clones. Too bad too cuz The RX Bandits used to be an awesome band back when they were actually called The Pharmaceutical Bandits. Oh and Fenix TX was good too back when they were on Drive-Thru and still called River Fenix. There are still a couple decent bands on the label, Senses Fail is probably my favorite on the label, but for the most part, its gotten way too commercial to the point where all the bands have a hardon for formatted MTV crap. Ahhh and to think, back in like '97 they wanted to sign my friends' band. thank god they signed with a local label instead.