Getting a Cell Phone...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ix dOc xI, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Ix dOc xI

Ix dOc xI New Member

Ok so I might be getting a cell phone this week, what are some good companies/phones.

Ive heard alot of good things about Nextel and their phones, and my sister has a friend who works at nextel who can get me a good deal on a i730. But the thing that kills me is there plans are pretty expensive (49.99) is their cheapest). What are some good companys/plans/phones to look at? Is Nextel the way to go?

Any advice is appreciated.

2. MrQuotes

MrQuotes Guest

from my experience, Verizon has better signal... and theyre eventually going to have walky talkies... i dunno verizon's been good to me

3. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I have Nextel. The only reason I did was because of the walkie-talkie option. My wife and I have one as well as my sister and her husband. i also have several friends with them and my mom is going to get one. So that option was very attractive to me. Especially as I live far away from my family and when I am at home we have to take several vehichles to get everyone to say the beach. Having these phones helps allot.

4. ethyl

ethyl R-CH2-CH3

Does the walkie talkie option have a fee tacked on monthly?

5. kuno

kuno .... OT Supporter

I guess I don't understand the use of the walkie talkie function on a phone... why not just get a small hand held CB radio?

I prefer any provider on GSM. Verizon is okay too but CDMA phones are kinda expensive. T-Mobile has been good to me.. but I hear they suck in your area.

6. trevor

trevor There's always a brand new day

I have been with Verizon almost forever. It seems I can get reception just about anywhere. To me, that's why I have the phone. It's nice to have the camera, pda, etc. . . But at the end of the day I want the reception. That's why I still like Verizon the best.

7. sleev

sleev It's sleep, life, and death It's speed, coke, and

I have t-mobil and most my friends have sprint or verizon. I like my service, their plan worked out best for us. But I did notice loss of reception last time we traveled to Long Island.

8. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

i have a friend in nj and he says that his att gsm service is really good.

9. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

I'm not sure if CB can be used from coast to coast but PTT (walkie talkie), I believe, can be.

10. wake_o

wake_o New Member

alltel and verizon are good, and T2T is out