GUN Get your tannerite before its banned

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 14, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nuclear plant goes on high alert after explosion in truck
    1/14/2008 11:29:24 AM

Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

RED WING -- Workers at the Prairie Island nuclear plant were put on high alert temporarily on Sunday after a man blew up an explosive in a dump truck box about a mile away, authorities said.

According to Goodhue County Sheriff Dean Albers, a Welch Township man used explosives he had ordered through the mail. The blast was triggered from 300 yards away with a shot from a .50-caliber rifle. "It was quite an explosion," Albers said.

Chunks of metal flew about a quarter mile, including over a nearby public road. And "there's nothing left of the (steel) dump box," the sheriff said this morning.

The blast was heard and felt more than a mile away at the Prairie Island nuclear power plant, alarming the plant's security force.

Mike Wadley, site vice president of the plant, said the plant was put under heightened security from about 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. until officials could determine what had happened. He said security workers at the plant's gatehouse "heard a loud noise" and felt the station's windows rattle around 5 p.m. The plant returned to normal activity once investigators established that the incident was not connected to the plant, he said.

Sheriff's deputies learned from the landowner that the dump box had been packed with 100 pounds of an explosive called Tannerite, which is legal to send through the mail. The blast also occurred on the man's property. The land owner provided a videotape of the explosion, Albers said. He and a group of people had set it up and watched it occur.

The Goodhue County Attorney's office is checking to see if any laws were violated.

"Sending debris flying that far across a public roadway public roadway ... is of concern to us," Albers said. Also of concern, he said, is that that much explosive could be purchased legally and sent through the mail.

2. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

HOLY SHIT, .50 CALIBER, THEY COULD HAVE PUNCTURED THE COOLING TANK OF THE PLANT!!1

3. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

100 lbs is a lotta tannerite. THat would have been fun. I wonder what it cost him?

4. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

My god! :eek4:

IT'S GOING TO BE 9/11 TIMES 1000 :noes:

5. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

In for video :x:

6. MTech

MTech New Member

Hold up.... I've seen the little bottles but you're telling me 100lbs of this stuff can blow up a dump truck... :hsugh: Dump trucks aren't exactly thin sheet metal.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

100lbs is a shitload. What was he thinking?

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. t1h

t1h Guest

is the video on youtube yet?

edit: damnit

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well their trying to fuck the poor guy.

UPDATE: Authorities consider felony charges after explosion
    Mike Longaecker The Republican Eagle
    Published Monday, January 14, 2008
    Authorities on Monday released the name of the man who blew up a truck near Prairie Island using explosives purchased over the Internet.

Goodhue County Sheriff Dean Albers said Brian Childs, 30, 21000 Prairie Island Blvd., placed about 100 pounds of explosives into the rear of a truck Sunday on his property. A group of people on his property could be seen on a videotape.

The explosives were detonated when the truck was shot by a .50 caliber rifle from about 300 yards away, Albers said. It is unclear who fired the rifle.
    RELATED CONTENT
    The Republican Eagle Talk About It Icon Add a comment
    Mike Longaecker Archive
    It was a relief to learn no one was injured during the incident, he said. But since the material can be purchased over the Web — and possibly fall into the hands of those seeking to do harm — is concerning, Albers said.

"It's scary to think what somebody else can do" with the explosive, he said.

Debris from the blast, Albers said, was scattered for about a quarter-mile. Officials from the nearby Prairie Island nuclear generating plant went into high alert after security guards there heard and felt the explosion.

No one answered a call placed Monday morning by the R-E to Childs' residence.

Albers said no criminal charges have been filed against Childs so far, since the incident took place on the man's private property.

"It's legal to possess, legal to explode," Albers said Monday.

But, Albers, president of the Minnesota Sheriffs' Association, said the incident will likely draw attention from lawmakers.

"I wonder if that will remain that way," he said of the legality of ordering explosives over the Internet.

However, Albers said he and county prosecutors were reviewing possible charges — including felonies.

Investigation into the incident revealed that Childs had purchased the explosive tannerite over the Internet, which was shipped through the mail.

Albers said since terrorism alerts were tripped by the blast, officials from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the FBI, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the U.S. Coast Guard and the U.S. Postal Service have been investigating the event.

According to a Web site purporting to sell the explosive, the material can be shipped "in low profile packaging boxes to prevent unwanted attention."

That the explosive can be sent through the mail has already raised red flags, Albers said.

"The postal service is deeply concerned," he said.

11. MTech

MTech New Member

Ha I love Hed PE :x:

that's nuts those idiots shouldn't of been so close. You're telling me 13.5 blew up that whole station wagon though???????? :eek4:

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13.5lbs and I think it said they had a few gallons of kerosene in there too.

13. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Fucking stupid law makers. A guy was a fucking moran and now they want to ban the substance. HE WAS AN IDIOT. I think he should be punished. I mean throwing debres 1/4mile over a public road -- that's gotta be illegal. But don't fucking make it illegal for others that can use it responsibly!

14. MTech

MTech New Member

Just for shits n giggles :naughty:

that was a hell of an explosion.

How big of a threat is this though.. I mean obviously it can do damage but price wise and damage compared to the usual pipe-bombing and fertilizers bombs you see terrorists use.. is it really that practical to use for some mass terror attack? It blew the bed up of a truck with 100lbs.. it sent debris ect but it doesn't seem as violent as the standard bombs ect.. so can you really see some asshole strapping on a 200lb book bag of tannerite running down in front of a building so his friend can snipe him in the back turning him into a martyr :ugh:

15. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

group buy?

16. Initial E

Initial E New Member

HOLY SHIT

[email protected] in first vid.
    And quality tailor trash hoes in the second. :ugh2:

Someone posted a thread about this stuff a while back in the summer or something. Few guys went out and blew some shit up.

I got my hands on a bag of fertilizer to make it but was too lazy to get the other chemical that mixes with it.

Someone start a group buy :)

17. CString

CString New Member

hypothetically, if i wanted to obtain some tannerite what would be a good mail order place to get it from?

18. johnson

johnson New Member

I heard there's a website called www.tannerite.com

19. CString

CString New Member

50lbs. is $345 :noes:

20. johnson

johnson New Member

Split it up.

21. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

So how does this stuff get sold and not labeled as a typical explosive?

Im not up to date on this shit.

22. CString

CString New Member

i think it has to be mixed. i'm not sure. i just went to the website to look at the prices.
    go to www.tannerite.com. they must have some sort of shipping info/instructions for mixing.

23. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Damn, that's like 40 miles away from me.

24. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Sure would be nice stupid people could avoid ruining everything fun on the planet before I eventually leave it.

25. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

No kidding.
    I don't mind people having fun, but some people need to wisen up a bit when they're doing it.