get into me belly

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ucsblaw, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucsblaw

ucsblaw OT Supporter

I used to yoyo diet...finally lost about 80lbs (Now I'm 6ft 190lbs). I've been lifting consistently for the last 6 weeks...I'm taking CEE, and Whey...also have a pretty good diet but I can't seem to get the fat around my belly to disappear. I've done a little research here and other sites and all I hear is abdominoplasty. That sounds too extreme to me. I've finally started to develop my chest, back, arms and legs...but I still have excess fat and skin around my waist.

Any takers? I'm thinking about adding HIIT to my routine.

2. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Well whatever you do don't give us any details about your routine or diet.

Surgery is the answer.

3. ucsblaw

ucsblaw OT Supporter

I'm using Arnold's basic level training right now. I lift 6 days a week (3 on 1 off 3 on)

Workout 1
    Chest: Bench Press, Incline Press, Pullovers
    Back: Chin-ups (try to hit 50), Bent-over rows
    Power Training: Deadlifts 3 sets of 10, 6, 4 to failure
    Abs: Crunches, 5 x 25

Workout 2
    Shoulders: Barbell Clean and Press, Dumbbell Lateral Raises
    Power Training: Heavy Upright Rows, 3 sets of 10, 6, 4 to failure; Push Presses, 3 sets of 6, 4, 2 to failure
    Upper Arms: Standing Barball Curls, Seated Dumbbell Curls, Close-grip press, Standing triceps extension with barbell
    Forearms: Wrist curls, Reverse wrist curls
    Abs: Reverse Crunches 5 x 25

Workout 3
    Thighs: Squats, Lunges, Leg Curls
    Calves: Standing Calf Raises, 5 x 15 each calf
    Lower Back: Straight-Leg Deadlifts, 3 sets of 10, 6, 4 to failure, Good Morning, 3 sets of 10, 6, 4 to failure
    Abs: Crunches, 5 x 25

Regarding my diet...I have a difficult time trying to eat healthy while in law school but I do my best.

Breakfast:
    PB with Wheat bread

Snack
    Protein bar (280 cals, 31g protein)

Lunch:
    usually chicken or fish with a little rice and salad (light dressing)

Snack
    Protein shake (after my workout)

Dinner
    usually same as lunch

Late night snack:
    protein bar

While hitting the books I take in 2 cups of coffee (and if I need to indulge I have some chocolate too)

4. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

hmm.. the workout looks a little much, especially if you're cutting and on restricted calories.

Also it doesn't look like you're eating a lot. The content is pretty good but it doesn't look like enough calories. What is the total calories, carbs, fats and protein? If you dont know, enter all of the info onto www.fitday.com. Use the info from the packets to make custom foods.

5. gstrdr1

gstrdr1 Active Member

Also, the fat around the abdomen area is usually the last to go and the most difficult to get rid of. Congrats on the 80lbs, now its time to dial in the nutrition and training. Keep at it and it will go away eventually.

6. ucsblaw

ucsblaw OT Supporter

Thanks...I know I need to keep going at it but I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I don't do much cardio due to time constraints so I'm thinking about adding HIIT and doing shorter periods of cardio.

7. ucsblaw

ucsblaw OT Supporter

I never thought I didn't eat enough...I always thought I ate too much. I'll take a look at that site you suggested. thanks

8. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

losing weight takes time, as long as you are consistently making progress, you should be ok. just try to keep track of everything, calories, weight, bf% etc.

It helps alot having those numbers to prove you are getting somewhere when you feel like you are stuck in a rut.

as for excess skin, i think that takes the longest to dissappear, some of the guys here have lost alot of weight and could tell you more about it.

there was a thread a little while ago where someone was asking about that same question, maybe someone can link it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.