TAT Georgia House Bans Genital Piercings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nickos, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

Georgia House Bans Genital Piercings
    ATLANTA (AP) -- Genital piercings for women were banned by the Georgia House Wednesday as lawmakers considered a bill outlining punishments for female genital mutilation.

The bill would make such mutilation punishable by two to 20 years in prison. It makes no exception for people who give consent to have the procedure performed on their daughters out of religious or cultural custom.

An amendment adopted without objection added "piercing" to the list of things that may not be done to female genitals. Even adult women would not be allowed to get the procedure. The bill eventually passed 160-0, with no debate.

Amendment sponsor Rep. Bill Heath, R-Bremen, was slack-jawed when told after the vote that some adults seek the piercings.

"What? I've never seen such a thing," Heath said. "I, uh, I wouldn't approve of anyone doing it. I don't think that's an appropriate thing to be doing."

The ban applies only to women, not men. The bill has already been approved by the Senate but now must return to that chamber because of the piercing amendment. Both chambers of the Legislature must agree on a single version of a bill before it can go to the governor for final approval.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

what
    the
    fuck

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

saw this earlier today and flipped... If they can do that then they need to ban Male Circumcision too.

ugh. WTF is wrong with people..

4. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

5. driver824

driver824 Guest

god damn wtf is next???

6. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

i'm sorry, but just how would they know? all it does is make it illegal for a shop to do it, but no piercer is going to agree with this shit.

it's also very sexist that it only applies to women.

7. upparoom

upparoom OT Supporter

while it's true no piercer will agree with the bill, they are now obligated by law not to do it.

They may not like it, but I gaurantee you're not going to find a piercer willing to lose his license and possibly go to jail doing it.
    I agree, it's an idiotic bill and it shouldnt have passed. And yes, its very sexist considering males werent included.

I'm sure ti will be repealed in time.

8. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

Ok, now the real question ought to be, how the heck would they know if you had it done? How do they go about the legal procedure of looking at a girl and saying you have your cooter pierced? What do they freakin do? Search u or something. Jezzzus. I fucking hate politicians.

9. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

they won't catch people who have them. they'll find out about piercers who are doing them. probably send somebody in to local shops undercover and all sorts of crap like this.

The thing that worries me is that the law is blatently sexist, in targeting only females. The law, as it's written, implies that it's less acceptable for a woman to pierce her genitals than a man. If they were to ban all genital piercings, that would be a little less fucked up (however still unconstitutional IMO).