A&P Georgetown College @ University of Louisville

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by adamlewis88, Nov 2, 2008.

1. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

Not happy with any of these really. I was so upset yesterday. Every time I had a good shot, there was half of a ref in it. The whole game started that way with my very first shot and I just got pissed from then on out. For a lot of the game, I wasnt even shooting. Thing that sucks about Basketball is that there are only so many available positions to shoot from. Once youre sitting in a spot, youre pretty much confined to that spot for the game. If thats not bad enough, all the refs are different so you never know where theyre going to stand. I think Im going to try for a different position next time. The first time I shot basketball, I sat out on the outside but then the people who really helped me a lot always sat toward the inside. I really liked the outside though...I think thats where Ill be next time. In the end, Im still just a big noob with a lot to learn.

1 [​IMG]

2 [​IMG]

3 [​IMG]

4 [​IMG]

5 [​IMG]

6 [​IMG]

7 [​IMG]

8 [​IMG]

2. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

And F. For some reason, this one computer never puts in a damn ENTER I have to go around typing "br /" everywhere.

3. aCab

aCab New Member

U weren't as upset as I was that UGA lost to FL :o

4. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

1. Sucks about the refs
    2. Fuck UGA

5. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

Haha that was more like a slaughter, wasnt it?

6. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

How's Bball with 5D?

7. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

Different. This was the first game I had shot with the 5D instead of the MkIII and there is a little bit of an adjustment curve that had to be made. I cant wait to get the 5DII though

I can say that the AWB on the 5D isnt as good as the MkIII but that the 5D files required less PP overall and definitely needed less sharpening.

8. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

DOF is sooo short at 2.8 on FF though. It will be nice when I can shoot at 4000 or so and just kick it at f/4

9. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Yeah, I figured this was the first time with the 5D + Bball. Honestly though, do you think you missed somethings with the slower buffer and less FPS? I have shot Bball a lot and could not imagine doing i with something that slow.

10. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

In all honesty, I feel like I missed some things but it wasnt because of a slower FPS. It was only because my timing was off. I was just a hair-second too late. Thats nothing that the MkIII would have fixed and only something that it would have masked because I could have just hung on the shutter moments earlier and come away with something that was ok.

How do you think the pros do it when they shoot on lights? Youve got something like at least 2 seconds worth of recycle of time on your lights which is going to give you a lot lower FPS than a 5D on ambient would be.

Like I said, Im still VERY new to this. I think that all I need to improve upon is my timing in different sports, and in the end, Ill walk away with a much better file to work on.