George Carlin Movie...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Musicaphilliac, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Musicaphilliac

Musicaphilliac New Member

If Hollywood were to make a movie based on one of the greatest comedians to ever live, who would you cast in this film? Personally, I think I would cast Russell Crowe as a younger Carlin.

2. planeh

planeh Guest

Ideally you'd probably cast an unknown comedian to play Carlin for the purpose of not seeing any A-list actor instead of Carlin in the film.

If you cast Crowe, thats who I'd see, not Carlin

3. Musicaphilliac

yes, I suppose I see what you mean. It was just something that was going through my head last night and I think that Crowe with long hair and a beard could bear a slight resemblance to Carlin, but now that I think of it, and now that I am sober, he probably wouldn't do very well with a role like that, I can't see Russell Crowe with a New York accent, lol.

4. Musicaphilliac

...wow, this is a bit of a surprise to me. I was just on the wikipedia article for Bill Hicks. According to the article, a movie is said to be in production about the life and career of Hicks. and guess who is said to be playing him.... Russell motherfucking Crowe!

5. Musicaphilliac

ok... doesn't anyone else have any idea(s) who would play a good George Carlin... there will come a time when a movie will be made and someone must portray the late great George Carlin... it is just inevitable...

6. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

First off, I does not have to be en established actor.
    It has to be someone who has done stand-up, and they have to be quite thin.
    Carlin had success late in life, by comic standards.

7. fatgirlsrsneaky

fatgirlsrsneaky I find your lack of faith... Disturbing.

Amen. It will probably be (if it were to happen) a small time stand up guy who bares a resemblance to Carlin and probably give him the brad Pitt, Benjamin Button age over treatment later in the movie.