general torrent help, for games ... .bin/.iso/.cue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shmoo597, Sep 12, 2007.

1. shmoo597

shmoo597 New Member

hello,

for anyone who has torrented civ IV beyond the sword or any other game, I need your help.

After the torrent finished, I extracted the RAR file, and then mounted the .iso and installed the game. Now when I try to play the game, it says I need to load the proper dvd. In addition to the .iso file, I also extracted a .cue file. When I mount these files, it still says that I need to insert the proper dvd. I converted the .iso file to a .bin file, using that also does not work.

In previous downloads, I remember extracting a separate .bin file. I do not think making a .bin file from the .iso works. Am I missing the .bin file? and if so, where could I find it?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

This is probably gonna get locked....

You should buy the game instead of pirating it, but you can possibly check gamecopyworld.com for a no-cd crack.

3. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

An .iso generally doesn't have a .cue file, those are generally associated with .bin files. However, what you need is a crack which is probably found in a directory on the DVD that you mounted, possibly called something like Razor1911 or whichever group it was who cracked the game.

But as cmsurfer says, don't pirate it.