General: Slacking Section-European Imports

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BavarianMotorWe, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BavarianMotorWe

BavarianMotorWe New Member

Im not one to complain, but for one of the biggest forums on the internet today, the European Imports section of OT isn't seeing much action. This section is the one I know most about hence my time spent here. For the week I've been here not too much has happened. I see the veiw counts going up but nobody is posting. Im pretty new but I have been around the web and usually people just strive to post as much as possible. Im not saying abuse these threads, but if you have something you'd like to comment on please do so. I love learning new things...share with us. Bring how-to's and interesting facts. Keep me here at OT!

If its just me complaining then tell me but I'd love to see this section booming with threads and replies. :x:

So lets do something great and make this section one of the biggest European Import discussion sub forums on the web! :)

2. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

honestly for anything BMW (my cars) related I go to bimmerforums :dunno:

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

yea im a fan of this area just not alot goin on its quite sad :wtc: the world is changing and im not sure this part has a future on OT :wtc: :wtc:

4. Sirius

Sirius OT Supporter

VWvortex

5. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Someone should start a "Post your Euro" thread.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yeah. Someone respectable. With a long history of contribution, someone with the power to keep it on-topic.

:squint:

But who could accomplish such a task?

7. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I'd like to post, but I'm having a hard time finding a nice e30 to buy

8. BavarianMotorWe

They are hard to come by in good enough condition.

Where are you located? Is there a cragslist in your area? Also, eBay has some nice work of arts. If you can pick it up even better because those shipping fees arn't worth your time on eBay.

9. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I'm in NorCal... in silicon valley, pretty much where craigslist started. I browse that place everyday for an e30, but whenever I find one it's already been sold.

I'm looking for something cheap and reliable that's fun. I also don't want to drive an old japanese sports car because the ricers gave them a bad name. an e30 seems like a good compromise

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

this is ot..... that simply doesn't exist here. in the words of famous bender, "we're boned".

11. BavarianMotorWe

I slap the hell out of people who call E30 ricers. Not that you did but I've heard it from people driving civic si's and caveliers even. So what do I do? Rev my 17 year old engine and tell those ass holes to line up. Its funny to have a 17 year old automatic transmission spin tires going into 2nd and 3rd gears. While those boys sit in my rearview shifting their short shifters and eating my tire debris.

Im not condoning street racing...

...A list of cars my 89 325is has raced from a dead stop and beat:
    Chevy Cavelier
    Honda Civic Si (headers and ram-air intake)
    Mustang V6
    Lincoln Towncar V8
    Acura Integra
    F-150
    Ranger
    Jeep Cherokee V8
    E30 M3

Point Im trying to make is if your looking to have fun and want to laugh at those ricers. Get a 325is. They have the 2.5 I6 and a sportier gear box. Any other E30 is just a car thats a part of Bavarian history.

...and yes gear heads I did beat an M3. Want me to prove it? Meet me on the east coast.

12. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

:hsughr:

You outran a Jeep Cherokee! That's priceless. I bet it was leading from 0-30, though. I'm pretty sure those things share their first-gear with the M1A1 Abrams tank.

13. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

Why don't you drive what you like and ignore morons?

Some of those old jap cars are fun drives, and if you can find one in the right shape, why not?

14. BavarianMotorWe

Oh yea it killed me off the line. The F-150, Civic, and Towncar did too. None of them could make it to 60 without me passing them. The civic was actually 3 runs and he beat me once on an uphill. :rofl: Damn feather weights!

15. HardTech

HardTech hungry

because I have a professional image to live up to. That might be a bullshit excuse, but I work for a respectable company and since I'm young and asian, I don't want to fit the "fast and furious" stereotype

besides, I really want a BMW :dunno:

16. BavarianMotorWe

Seriously, who doesn't?

17. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

What in the living fuck?

Hey n00bert - STFU. This isn't a busy forum. Get over it. If you want your car forum fix, sign up at some of the bmw forums, or go and street race some more lincoln towncars and pickup trucks and hopefully you'll crash your shitty car into a pole and DIAF.

PS. Welcome to OT. I suggest you lurk more.

18. BavarianMotorWe

Actually, putz, the reason I left BMW forums was to be part of a more broad message board. I wanted to make a first impression in a place I'm comfortable with. If I like it here I'll buy a sub. If you don't like me here keep that to yourself. I see alot of dumb asses through these threads. I didn't see it here in the Euro section....

...till now. :rofl:

19. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

That's because light speed is banned.

20. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

:rofl: You need to leave OT immediately, and spend more time in grade 11 or whatever fucking highschool grade you're in.

21. HardTech

HardTech hungry

maybe you can help me

I checked out an E30 yesterday.. 1988 325is with diving board bumpers. 5spd, 2-door, no power locks. The engine had 206k miles, and the timing belt was last replaced at 80k miles (!!)

the owner is selling it for $1500. I test drove it and it felt fine, except for maybe being a little rough around the edges. It was really fun, though. Should I buy it?

Nothing too serious is wrong with it, except for the timing belt issue

22. Mjolnir

Mjolnir WHM6D > *

Are you prepared to spend $1500+timing belt+other surprise sex repairs for a year or so of 325?

23. HardTech

HardTech hungry

I was hoping to do the minor repairs myself, and maybe get some help with the moderate ones. The timing belt shouldn't cost more than $300.

24. BavarianMotorWe

Ask, when were all the fluids last replaced. Also, before buying a car that high in mileage, look up an incident report. They usually give the previous owners. Timing belt needs replacing about every 50k and if previous owners neglected this alot more could be wrong then what meets the eye. If you plan on doing all repairs yourself plan on getting a bently maunual. It will save you ALOT of frustration.

The one thing that you should really watch is that the timing belt was replaced at 80k. This means for a good 80k miles the timing belt has been past due. Timing could be severely off-set meaning dangerous wear and tear to the engine over those miles. If your prepared for many repairs then by all means purchase. IMO its going to be more of a headache then it will be an Ultimate Driving Machine.

25. HardTech

HardTech hungry

thanks.. I guess I won't buy the car then. I told her that the timing belt was my #1 worry, and it could be a multi-thousand dollar repair in the future. She was just like :hs:

thanks... there's a 1989 BMW 325i for sale too, with higher miles (232k), but it seems like it's been maintained better. The owner says there's an electrical leak and a brake fluid leak. I don't think either should be too hard to fix.