general question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by dfedele84, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfedele84

dfedele84 New Member

alright so reading through the archives i saw a few routines that i like. however, if my goal is to lose some weight via cardio/cutting and then build muscle by weight gain should I go with a lighter program while losing since i will have less calories and be doing more cardio and then switch to a more intense one?

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you are over-thinking stuff. get on a basic 5x5 routine (as detailed in Chris' post in the archives: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1574598 )

you should still be lifting heavy when cutting. Cutting on diet and cardio alone is going to start destroying whatever muscle you already have. Get proper nutrition, lift heavy, rest and good things will happen.

lifting weights + cardio + proper diet = most successful way to burn fat. lifting weights burns more calories throughout the day than simple cardio and diet.

I would personally stay away from a bodypart split while cutting and stick with basic movements due to the caloric deficit (and usually ensuing) energy depletion.

3. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I'm kind of all over the place in that post, but you'll prolly get the idea

4. dfedele84

dfedele84 New Member

yeah i was thinking about doing his routine look simple enough and good stuff, scared about doing cardio on off days but i'll tough it out thanks for the advice.

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

doing cardio on off days is pretty easy... in and out, on with your day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.