General Q's about my iBook

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZZex, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    1) Is there anyway to clean up some of the icons in the Dock?

2) Is there a way to change the TX or the rate of connection in like the "Control Panel" or something? It's slow compared to my PC's speed for some odd reason

3) Is there a way to change sleep mode? I want to listen to streaming music while I close my laptop's LCD

4) Does anyone have a working TKA invite for a new Mac user ([email protected]) ? : )

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Sep 30, 2003
    1) if by "clean up" you mean "remove", just click on the ones you want to remove and drag them off of the Dock and release the mouse button. They'll disappear with a puff of smoke.

2) not that i know of. i'm sure you can hack it through Terminal. try google if you are comfortable doing stuff through Terminal.

3) somebody else asked this recently on here. try "SEARCH" at the top right corner of this page.

4) can't help ya there.
  3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Jan 9, 2005
    1) Already answered. Also, you can CTRL+click the icon and it will give you options as well. Or you could drag it to the trash can. And if you want to add programs to the dock, find your application and drag it to the dock.

2) not sure what you are referring to...TX?

3) Answered...

4) check the thread about the 3 TKA invites left...he said he gets them all the time. give him your email address and he may put you on the list.