GUN General AR info/forums?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fire, Dec 27, 2009.

1. fire

fire New Member

So now that you dicks have talked me out of the SKS ;) and showing off the bad ass pics of your AR's, I'm thinking about building one over the next 6 months or so. Doing some looking around, I've found a Stag complete lower with adj stock for ~260. I figure I can buy that and piece together as I find some decent deals or some used stuff comes up.

I always obsess over larger purchases, so I'd like to do some reading on building AR's and such to make sure this is what I want and to know more about the rifle itself before I start purchasing. I'd also like to see what is junk and what are decent pieces. I've found AR15.com and AR15armory.com. Are there other trusty sites to do some research on as far as options and upgrades for the AR? I want to find out what to stay away from upper and lower wise.

Also, with talk about assault bans, etc(if they are even likely to occur?), is there a specific part I should pick up now so I don't get caught up in the net and end up unable to finish this if I start it?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be as informed as possible on purchases.

Thanks.

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

m4carbine.net

3. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

4. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

I wouldnt worry about a ban during 2010.

5. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

6. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

WeaponEvolution.com

Weapon Evolution is by Rainier Arms/Stickman.

M4carbine.net

M4 Carbine was formed by a vendor who was banned from AR15.com for price fixing. Professionals seem to prefer this website

AR15.com

One of the biggest gun forums on the internet. It's strength and weakness is its size. Because it's big, all the vendors try to get some love and representation there. Because it's big, all the fucking retards from the internet end up there too, and the volume of stupidity frequently overwhelms the voice of intelligence and experience. Uber posters like Molon frequently get shouted down by noob idiots... and that's why uberposters from Arfcom are frequently found on M4Carbine, Weapon Evolution, etc.

SilenerTalk.com

Advanced Armament Corp got banned from AR15.com, so their own forums are beefy with AR15 info, with an obvious higher focus on suppressors. It's one of the most direct lines to Knight's Armament Corp.

7. fire

fire New Member

Awesome, thanks guys. Gave me some good reading already.

8. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

Feel free to ask questions here too, as long as you do a quick search beforehand. Almost all of us have (at least) one AR.

BTW I love my Stag Lower, and $260 is a pretty decent price.

9. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

read this thread: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=24397

but take it with a grain of salt. you dont necessarily have to own the specifics of what is laid out, but it'll give you an idea of what is out there.

:wavey:

10. fire

fire New Member

Just got done reading that. Great info on those sites.

Thanks again.