Gen 1 RX7

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by revelry, Nov 10, 2005.

1. revelry

revelry New Member

Hey guys, I've posted a few of my previous cars up here so I thought I'd add my newest to the collection.

It's fairly immaculate. The body is dead straight with the only bit of rust being under the back window (size of a 10c coin). Interior I've cleaned up over the last few weeks. Engine is a 12a, but hoping to replace with a s4 13bt in the new year.

Here's a few specs:

Carby
    Holly Black Fuel Pump 1/2" line.

Ignition
    Crane HI-6, LX 92 coil (leading plug), PS 91coil driven by factory ignition module, Sparkplug leads are 8mm Top Gun with heat shield insulation

Cooling
    Davies-Craig Thermostat, Davies-Craig Electric Water Pump, Twin Turbo Fans

Fuel Tank
    Handmade pickup in fuel tank to 1/2 " line. Tank vents to atmosphere.

Fuel Filter
    Barry Grant Flow and return regulator with 1/2" line

Here's some pictures which I took on the weekend after a bit of a clean up.

exterior:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

engine:
    engine pic1
    engine pic2

other stuff:
    elec. water pump!
    tinted tail lights
    lazy eye mod.

Hopefully soon it'll get some decent wheels, respray + a 13bt.
    Cheers guys :wiggle:

2. StolenDreamz

StolenDreamz OT Supporter

nice car and looking at it makes me want a foreign car even more. hows the right hand drive? here in orlando we have a car that is at a car lot but its all the way in the back and it isnt really for sale but its up for around 50-100 usd and its a range from year 1979-1983 i think, foreign right hand drive. engine is dead body is horrible but is a good project car. what do you think?

3. Tom93R1

Tom93R1 Member

How about a pic of that electric water pump installed? At one point I was considering one for my 93 but decided I didnt know enough about them to make the decision.

4. revelry

revelry New Member

The right hand drive is fine considering i'm from Australia :hs: Dunno how it would be in Orlando tho, probably a pain in the ass. Engine being dead is no problem, just stick a series 4/5 13bt in it or something. Body I dunno how it is in Orlando but there's a fair few Gen 1's out at wreckers etc which you can pick up straight panels from... How's the interior? 50-100USD ain't bad tho :eek3:

The pic down the bottom is where the EWP is mounted dude, unless you wanna actually see the connections and stuff? I bought it with the EWP, twin turbo fans yada yada which was sweet. Runs fairly cool (just tips over 80deg celcius on 35degree (C) days)

5. StolenDreamz

yea we are still debating about the engine, we dont know exactly wat we want. yea it has horrible interior lol this car is literally destroyed inside and out but with money and time it can be repaired into a sexy show or drag car ^_^

6. revelry

revelry New Member

Probably cheaper to buy one that's in stock condition :p There's a mint one for sale (over here) for $3500AUD which would be able $2500~USD?

When you think about it, an engine (rebuilt 12a/13b or 13bt) alone will set you back a couple of g's anyway...

7. StolenDreamz

well over here we dont have any 280zx that are right hand drive >_< so yea its 2500 usd but shipping wise and legalization would kill me. if i would do that i'd rather get a R34 from UK and get that for also 3k usd ^_^ but yea we are planning more towards a rb25 in it instead of the 13bt

8. revelry

revelry New Member

Wait why are you talking about 280zx all of a sudden? Lol....this is a Mazda RX7...

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

they remind me of older porsches

10. StolenDreamz

we started talking about the right hand drive and it turned into that lol ^_^ but yep im a 2nd gen fan when it comes to rx7's