MMA Gegard Mousasi: ‘My Opponents Can’t Hurt Me’

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Jul 9, 2009.

1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

[​IMG]

Gegard Mousasi is hands down one of the least talked about top talents in the sport today.

Widely regarded my many of the MMA hardcore as one of the very best pound for pound fighters in the world, Mousasi plans on taking his respect as he prepares for the most high profile bout of his twenty eight fight career to date.

The extremely dangerous Dutch-Armenian will be looking to celebrate his twenty fourth birthday in style as he faces off with the top rated Renato “Babalu” Sobral in a light-heavyweight match-up on August 1 in Anaheim, California as part of the “Affliction: Trilogy” main card.

It would be impossible for Gegard to not have a certain level of confidence going into the bout with Babalu following a dozen consecutive victories, but according to the Red Devil trained brawler, training alongside the greatest fighter on the planet has done wonders for his mind-set.

“Standing next to Fedor, I feel so much bigger than him,” explained Mousasi in a recent press release issued through Affliction. “When you train with him, he feels like a middleweight. He’s as strong as a heavyweight but as fast as a middleweight, so I think that makes him special. If I can take my speed as a middleweight, have that explosiveness and mobility and move up to heavyweight, I think that’s something a lot of them don’t have.”

Having polished off the likes of Denis Kang, Melvin Manhoef, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Mark Hunt over the last year has left Mousasi feeling like there isn’t a man alive that can finish him.

“I feel always that I’m physically stronger than my opponents,” said the former DREAM middleweight champion. “I feel like my opponents can’t hurt me because I’m always comfortable in stand-up and there hasn’t been a fighter that’s ground-and-pounded me,” he says. “I feel like I can hurt them, but they can’t hurt me.”

Without a doubt, Babalu poses one of the toughest tests, if not the toughest, of Mousasi’s six year career in MMA.

“Babalu is a big challenge,” said Mousasi. “I like the way he fights—he fights to win. He’s a real fighter. I like fighters who come to fight. This fight will be and all out war. I think the fans will get an exciting fight.

“Even if he could take me down, I don’t see him (being able to) ground and pound me. I don’t see him getting mount or top position (or) that he can do any damage. I don’t see him submit(ting) me. So eventually it’ll be a stand up fight again. And sooner or later, I’ll catch him.”

-MMA Mango

2. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

Yeah this guy is serious business

3. prophit

prophit OT Supporter

head... hurts... :ugh:

4. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

??

5. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

I really hope mousasi wins, this is his toughest match yet. Hope hes used to fighting at this weight now.

6. edward_cullen

edward_cullen Unemployed Since 08

ive heard the name thrown around, but never seen him fight, he's really not relevant until he comes to the ufc, or if he comes. right now he's fighting people who couldn't hack it in the ufc, or aren't fighters that just weren't very good to start with.

7. teep

teep New Member

seriously? :rofl:

:ugh:

8. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

When is the next affliction fight btw?

9. Helios

Helios New Member

I'm convinced that you're 100% a troll, and probably an AE. :hsugh:

10. teep

teep New Member

says the guy who thought these threads were for real....

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

:rofl: :h5:

12. edward_cullen

edward_cullen Unemployed Since 08

i don't know what an ae is and a troll ive been called before, i just speak my mind, kinda like brock lesnar. some people dont like it but i care not.

13. derekOT

derekOT New Member

he loves it! maybe he'll get on his wife later