Gearing Up - Suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Coottie, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

My bike BMW R1200 C
    [​IMG]

has been in the garage for about 2-3 years now but I just got it into the shop so I can get out and enjoy some fall riding. I'm hoping the repair bill won't be too high but I'm so excited to have the process started I can't stand it.

Going through my old gear it seems I'm a bit light. I definitely need new boots, perhaps a new, more armored jacket and perhaps even some pants. The boots are a must but my old jacket and jeans should do well till I can find/afford some better touring clothes. Everything else is good to go.

So any suggestions on where to find good riding boots? I tend to have weird shaped feet so not all shoes/boots will fit properly.

Also, any suggestions on riding suits? The ones at the dealership are very expensive. I like the looks but man, this gear can get really expensive.

2. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I am trying to sell my teknic violator, black, size 44 jacket if you are interested. Never been outside

3. Coottie

well I just got my bike back from the shop.....damn it feels good to be back to riding. The bad news, close to $1,000 in repairs/upgrades and I still need a brake job so it'll be back in the shop soon.

Looks like the old jacket will have to do for awhile longer. The boots tho, I still need those.

4. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

SIDI brah

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

depends on your style. You going for the roadracing look or just want comfortable relaxed for cruising around on?
    Sidi boots are good, Nitro's good. Ebay has a ton at good prices.

On a budget and want leather? try www.jafrum.com
    want decent touring stuff? Have heard www.votomoto.com has decent stuff that's not 3x the cost due to a label.

I have stuff coming from both this week to replace my cold weather gear.

6. Coottie

Yeah I'm not going for the roadracing look at all. In fact, comfortable cruising is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions.

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

while some laugh, i've always liked chaps.
    Heavy leather and easy on/off when done riding.
    I have a new set coming from jafrum to replace old ones and I also have a leather 3/4 enduro/touring jacket with leather gauntlets for cold when on the venture.

I also ordered one of the 3/4 textile jackets from Votomoto and a set of their textile pants for when I ride the FJ.

oh, jafrum also has the nitro boots available. Might buy another set of touring boots from them. good price.

8. Coottie

haha chaps..yeah I've thought about those actually but I'm not sure what I want. I thought a riding suit would be the best but chaps might be better when I'm riding to work where I'll have on slacks underneath.

Man I need to hurry up and win the lottery...I just have soo many things that I want to buy right now and some things that I really HAVE to buy.