MMA Gear Review v. Fairtex Ultimate Combat Gloves

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by teep, Mar 14, 2008.

1. teep

teep New Member

[​IMG]

Picked up a pair of these not too long ago and I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

The gloves are very high quality and tightly stitched. It takes some time to break them in (they're extremely rigid at first), but you can tell they are very durable and will last a long time. They're nice and compact and don't have the bulky or awkward feel I've felt on some other grappling/MMA gloves. Maybe it's because I have small hands, but grappling with other gloves just never felt right to me. The negative side of that though is that the foam is very hard. I would not recommend these gloves for any rough sparring sessions as more cuts and external injuries are likely to occur. I bought them to use for fights in a local promotion. They don't have a standard glove distributed to fighters and sometimes it's not always easy finding a nice fitting glove when there are a lot of fights on the card.
    All in all it's a great piece of equipment. The price is a little steep as with all Fairtex gear, but they can be a worth while investment as you won't be needing another pair for a long time.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Those are the gloves they use in the IFL. Very nice gloves, my buddy at the gym has a pair.

3. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Ewww...your gloves have the thumb.

But I own a couple pair of fairtex MMA gloves(all thumbless) and they are all great gloves.