GCC/G++ - Thread Safety

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Seeders, May 5, 2009.

1. Seeders

Seeders OT Supporter

I just downloaded a new PHP extension for my website, but when i try to load it in PHP, i get the following error:

Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0 PHP compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in /home/buildcra/public_html/repasm/index.php on line 3

so my PHP installation is thread safe, but the extension isn't, and it doesn't work. Since the module is written by a couple guys in their off time, theres a strong lack of support for this sort of thing.

How can i go through the source code to make this module thread safe? i dont even really know where to start...or if thats even what I need to do.

2. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

thread safety is fairly complicated and not that many people have a complete working grasp on it. It's a very tough thing to get completely right. If you don't really know much about programming or threads or php you probably don't have much of a chance. Not trying to be an asshole but it would be probably way more work than you're willing to give it.