LGBT Gay or not gay? That is a good question

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by philrey, Mar 26, 2004.

1. philrey

philrey Guest

I have a friend who is straight that says any man that lets another man suck his dick is gay. I told him he is wrong, that the man sucking the man's dick is the gay one. He also said any man that fucks another man in the ass is gay and I said it would depend on two factors. 1 Why is he doing this, does he seek guys out to fuck or did it just happen once and never again. If the first is the case then yes he is considered by the ga community to be a "top" which means he fucks not gets fucked and he is gay. If the second is the case then no he has a gay friend and his friend tells him if he is horny enough that he needs to fuck that he could do that to him or he got really drunk with a friend who was gay and the next he knew he was pounding his ass for all it' worth. Any way if the second item was the case then no he wouldn't be considered gay. I am posting this because I want OT's opinion on whether you agree with me or my straight friend and please tell why you agree with him or I respectively. Thanks.

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I tend to agree with you more than your friend. However here is my view on the whole issue...

There is more to being gay than just the physical, sexual aspect of it. Unfortunately, most heterosexual males have a hard time, and basically fail at seeing past the physical/sexual act.

Homosexuality is not who you CHOOSE to have sex with it. Homosexuality is who you are. It is something you feel through every fiber of your being. It is the emotional and mental as well as the physical connection you feel with someone of the same sex. It is the strong, overpowering feeling you have for someone of the same sex that goes well above and beyond just being a casual friend.

In essence, it is the emotional attraction, mental attraction and physical attraction you feel for someone of the same sex.

Now, with that said, heterosexual males can in some instances, physically have sex with other males and NOT be truly homosexual, regardless of the fact that there may be a physical attraction there.

Take a look at what happens inside prisons. You have a society of all males, (or females) that are all lumped up into one confinement. Sex between inmates, is quite common based upon all the stories that you hear and are portrayed in movies. Does that mean that those inmates are truly homosexual?? I don't think so - in my opinion.

Now as far as getting your cock sucked and which one is the homo - the sucker or the suckee, I think it's possible for neither to be truly homosexual. If the emotional attachment isn't there, and does not occur between you and members of the same sex, then, in my opinion, you are not a homosexual. There has to be more there than just the physical aspect of it.

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Very well said :bigthumb:

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

ALSO, it is all very relative. There are certain cultures where ‘homosexuality’ has no meaning, in the (United States of… )American sense. Mexico, for example, has a very interesting sexuality dynamics, in which there are actually 5 sexes, and those individuals who in the US would be considered heterosexual males often engage in sexual activities with those comparable to the flamers of the US… Besides that, people will rationalize whatever activity they feel badly about. That said, I know plenty of “heterosexual” men who live by the rule that as long as they aren’t sucking or being penetrated, they are still heterosexual, but just horny. And, I have a lot of heterosexual male friends who love idb action, as long as it is from their girlfriend. Soo, who can really say. Since I feel labels should only stick when the labeled endorses it, whatever you wanna consider yourself, I’ll go along with it. But in the back of my mind, know the truth…

Oh, and I tend to place all of these people into the DL Community folder of my mind...

5. marsatia

marsatia Guest

i absolutely get appauled by guys who talk about gay sex as the worst thing in the world but in the next breath will tell you about some gurl who let him have idb action. wtf? that's a signal to me.

6. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

It's basically a one-sided, closed-minded insecurity in my opinion.

7. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Yea, if I was a manipulative sexual predator, I would definitely use that as an opening... :x: But alas…

8. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:werd:

9. marsatia

marsatia Guest

agreed.