LGBT Gay Movies

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FastCat, Aug 4, 2006.

1. FastCat

FastCat New Member

I am a HUGE fan of cinema and thought I would share my favorite gay themed movies. These are in no particular order (I do assign them a ranking out of 10)

Trick 9/10
    Overall a very funny movie. Tori Spelling is hilarious in this movie! Some decent eye candy in John Paul Pitoc. Clinto Leupp (Coco Peru) steals a few scenes as well!

Latter Days: 9/10
    One of the best gay movies I have seen in a long time. It's a coming of age story for both the gay and straight characters. Steve Sandvoss does an excellent job and is extremely cute and vunerable in this movie about an 18 year old Mormon who discovers he is gay.

But I'm A Cheerleader: 8/10
    Hilarious Black comedy about a girl who gets sent to a "ex-gay" camp to become straight when it's discovered she is a lesbian. All the actors do a great job and the script is very funny!

To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar: 8/10
    The writing in this movie is hilarious. All three malel eads do an excellent job (Patrick Swayze, John Leguiziamo, and Wesley Snipes). This movie has some of the best one-liners I have heard in ages!

Bent: 8/10
    A very powerful and thought provoking movie!11 Pure drama centered around homosexuals and Nazi Germany. Clive Owen does an incredible job!

Boys Don't Cry: 9/10
    Hillary Swank earned her Oscar with this performance! A powerful and disturbing movie into the life of a transgendered individual!

Brokeback Mountain: 9/10
    I waited to see this one on dvd and wished I had went to the theatres and saw it. The cinematography is breath taking... Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhal do an excellent job as well; a truly great love story.

It's My Paty: 10/10
    I cry every time I watch this movie! While it does have a few funny moments this movie is pure drama. Basic Premise= Man with AIDS decides to throw himself a party before killing himself... and all the guests know he is going to kill himself. Some STELLAR performaces in this... An ABSOLUTE MUST SEE!

Threesome: 7/10
    Not a "gay" movie, but one of the characters is gay. I'm not sure what draws me to this movie so much; maybe it is the whole premise of gay boy wants str8 boy who wants str8 girl who wants gay boy. Some hilarious lines in this movie and a very good ensemble cast with Josh Charles, Stephen Baldwin, and Lara Flynn Boyle.

So what are your favorite movies?? I will also compose a list of DON'T WATCH movies.. :)

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

3. XPX

XPX New Member

Threesome is AWESOME, each time I hear the "I'll take you there" song I get the chills :o

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

5. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:o

6. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

trick is the only one ive seen, or even really heard of :hsughr: and that was back in like 1996

7. FastCat

FastCat New Member

Trick came out in 1999 :)

There are some really good GLBT themed movies out there... I recently saw TransAmerica and found it to be actually very good :)