LGBT Gay Marriage Legalized in SA

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Create, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Create

Create :free at last:

Arranged marriages. Fourth marriages. Shotgun weddings. Britney's 50 hour Vegas marriage. Façade marriages. Marriages performed by Elvis impersonators. Liz Taylor.

Yes, gods forbid that we should taint that sacred social institution by allowing people without opposed sexy parts to get married.

I pray the US government doesn't centralize this one. The states will come around in time.

On the specifics: This sounds a bit more like legalized civil unions. Do you interpret it the same way?

edit: forgot the source link - http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/world/4334124.html

2. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Marriage is just a religous word for civil union. As long as those who are in civil unions have the same rights and privileges as those who are married, it's a step in the right direction.

3. Create

What's missing from the current US implementation is recognition across state lines. Seperate but equal is a step in the right direction yes, but doomed to the same failure of every other implementation of seperate but equal we've seen in our history.

4. Create

You all really don't care, do you? Either that or it's been hashed too many times here already.

5. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

We care, we're just jaded... or at least I am by VA's elections last week. The morons passed the ammendment for a ban on gay marriage in the VA state constitution. :wtc:

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I've typed out responses to this thread like 8 times now. Ultimately, I delete them, because it's just the some comments that I've made before, reincarnated into wittier versions of itself. But still the same comment, and oh how I hate to repeat myself... :o

7. Carrots

Carrots New Member

That's amazing. I just hope there isn't too much backlash. :hs:

8. Create

Searching and learning ;)

9. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

well unfortunatly, civil unions do not have all the same rights as marriage in the U.S. and the federal goverment, primarily the supreme court, needs to get some back bone and point out that all americans are entitled to their right of happiness. jim crow laws are along the same line as denial of marriage (ok fine they were worse), both impede this right. :rant2: