LGBT Gay Male Slobdom....?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Jul 30, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Again, I'm reading the August issue of OUT, and there is an article by Richard Kaye called, "What A Dump!: Not every queer man lives a designer-approved lifestyle--or even wants to. In defense of the gay male slob..."

And it talks about those of us who live in the white glove clean homes, and how we are telling the world that we don't need women in our homes to keep us 'normal' or grounded in society, and that we are all trying to live up to Tony Randall in The Odd Couple, and that the gay slobs are the real intellectuals of the community--because those boys are just so busy thinking big thoughts that they don't shower for days, or clean away the books from the floor, or pick up/trash their hole-ridden diesel jeans because they hold so many memories... Also, Freud was mentioned. Referencing Freud's belief that that sloppy infancy is the state that most people spend most of their lives trying to get back to. Also, he pointed out the great queer slobs from history: Lord Byron, W.H. Auden, to name a few. But the icing on the cake was stating that scientific studies tell us that slobs get more sex.

Now. I wanna know just how many gay slobs we have on OT. And I wanna know how much sex you have. AND I wanna know how well you did in school.

I'm just curious.

And for you domestic divas out there: do you wanna fuck the slob? ...or the clean man?

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Personally, I don't wanna fuck a dirty ass, or suck a dirty dick.
    ...but that's just me.

:o ...I'm tired and sleepy.

3. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i once hooked up with a guy who was a garbage man. That fantasy of being with a rugged manly man quickly faded away. Not my proudest moment... :(

4. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

I'm the messiest out of my roommates and they're all straight

:o

5. Konowl

Konowl New Member

Gawd, my ex was pretty messy. He wasn't DIRTY, just MESSY (his room). And all he did was sub-lease ONE room andhe couldn't keep it clean.

Mind you, I'm no better.... :)

6. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Ive been known for not keeping the house/car spotlessly clean, but the yard has to be done just right, I dont like it when the grass gets too long or there are weeds in the flowers. At work is a different story. When I was still running the shop, it was spotless at all times. The guys probably hated me because I would make them clean/polish/sweep everything. It was all about image there. Customers dont want to bring thier cars to a dirty shop.

From my records, I did quite bad in school. I was bored all the time and just wanted to have the teacher set me free to go at my own pace. Once I transfered school districts, and could do just that, I flew through. Graduated in the top 5% of the class. :eek3: :)

7. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

Depends where I am... I let my bedroom and bathroom get pretty messy sometimes... but the rest of the house, the car, the office, etc. - needs to be clean. I think that I'm clean, myself, I'm not a "dirty" guy. I just need to clean the bedroom before anyone comes over.

Oh, and I'm always reading something so that I can learn more - normally about computers (I'm 19, and a sysadmin). My grades in school weren't that great... I was like 21 out of 250 students, but that's largely because I didn't give school assignments as much priority as I did work - I gained a lot more knowledge from work than I did from class. The school hired me as a computer technician while I was in school, because they felt that I could still maintain better than average grades, and make some money at the same time. I can't remember what I got on my PSAT, but I was the top one in the school. I slacked off on my ACT, but got a 28 anyway. :-\

8. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Oh shit, didn't see the part about school.

<---------------Asian, 'nuff said. :mamoru: