LGBT gay friends?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fraternitymemoirs12, May 5, 2008.

1. fraternitymemoirs12

fraternitymemoirs12 New Member

It's always fun to come back on here every now and then, OT seems to always be a lively place. So err...I was curious to see if anyone else has had this problem. I mean, it may or may not be a problem, but it seems like something that's off.

I'm having a difficult time finding gay friends. I think my problem is that I view every gay guy I meet as an all-or-nothing - either we don't get each other and that's that, or I think you're so awesome as a friend that I want to try to have a relationship with you (which have for the most part ended badly because it turns out that actually, we don't get each other, so most go back to the former category).

I also think that I'm meeting too many people online...I feel like (but I've been known to be delusional) I'm a pretty normal guy, I have plenty of straight friends, maybe I set a higher standard for gay guys? Maybe it's an expression of internalized gay self-hatred? Maybe I write too much?

2. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

I sorda get what you're saying. I'm not out yet and I don't have any gay friends really. So when I look for friend they tend to be people from offline and then you usually get the weirdos or people that say that they want to be friends and then they like you more than you like them and it just never works for me either.

3. Matitulo

Matitulo If sexy never left then why is everybody on my shi

You were drunk when you wrote this.

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I have too many gay friends. You can have some of mine.

5. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

I'd probably try to get with my gay friends if I had any

6. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

When I first moved to SF, it seemed like the only way to make friends was to sleep with people, because otherwise they weren't interested. :hs:

Then I met my bf and met all of his friends who have become my friends now.

I'd say meet people in person, bars or LGBT center, and invite someone out for a platonic dinner or something. join a volunteer group or organization. Getting involved is a great way to meet people

7. Elusid

Elusid New Member

I don't really have a problem with that. I actually have a lot of gay friends (both male and female). My problem is that I'm too picky and they just stay friends... I still haven't had a boyfriend although hopefully that's going to change if I find out if one of my friends is gay or not haha.

8. zortnac

zortnac New Member

I think I've got a pretty diverse mix of friends. The real question is, can they pick up a game pad or a keyboard and mouse and know how to party.

9. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

:rofl: :bigthumb: