LGBT Gay Bars?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

For those of you who frequent these establishments, is there anything I should expect when going to one of these places? I've never been to one, and I just found out tonight that there's a fairly popular one right across the street from my apartment. I had no idea, I just thought it was a regular crappy bar, but it turns out that it's a gay bar supposedly frequented by the 21-35 yr old crowd. I definitely need to check this place out. I'm not looking to hook up with anybody or anything like that, but it's an experience that I've been wanting to have for a while now. I think I'm gonna bring my buddy with me just so I don't have to go alone. :wiggle:

2. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

/sing "I want to take you to a gay bar, Gay Bar, GAY BAR!!!"

Bars are bars right? Cept in this one it isn't odd for two boys to be kissing each other (and vice versa for girls :))

3. Moonwalker

Moonwalker fagulous

anything you should expect? hmm.. not really. If youre young and attractive you might get bought a few drinks. Have fun.

4. cedric

I just figured that since it's guys hitting on guys they'd be a little more aggressive. I've never had anyone buy me drinks before. I don't anticipate it happening any time soon either, especially since my buddy's coming with me. Now all I have to do is convince him to come. It shouldn't be difficult.

5. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

If you come in as a couple, they will know you are taken so nothing is really going to be aggressive in that sense. Expect some comments, that is it pretty much.

~Matt

6. cedric

Well, not really as a couple, but then again how would anyone know whether or not we're "together?" In any case, I just don't wanna go alone.

7. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I've only been to one gay bar and I wasn't impressed. I hope to try out some of the bars in DC in the coming weeks. If you go alone, I bet you are guaranteed that someone(s) try to hit on you :naughty:

8. cedric

That's why I want to go with my friend. I'm not there to get hit on. I know that bars and clubs aren't a good place to find someone to have a meaningful relationship with. I wanna go for the experience, not to get picked up.

9. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Yes, they are more aggressive and straight forward. A couple weeks ago, I was at a bar talking to someone and felt this funky touching on my lower back. I was leaning up against the bar. I looked over and it was this enormous fat, nasty, old troll. I sort of scooched over closer to my friend. Suddenly I felt his hand rubbing my lower back again, only more intense. I grabbed his arm, swung around, faced him, and told him if he ever touched me again, it would be the last time he ever touches human flesh again. He gave me that bitchy, queeny disgusted look, tsked, and left.

I never used to like strange guys touching me. Now, I don't really care. But if the guy is persistant after I make it clear, I'm not interested, then I'll put an end to it real quick.

Oh, and I'll buy ya a drink Cedric. So what ya drinkin'?:naughty:

10. NOVAJock

FIXED. Yep, that's more like it. :rofl:

11. NOVAJock

Awe, I'll go with you and hold yur wittle paw. :big grin:

12. NOVAJock

That's not necessarily true. Some guys don't care if you're a couple or not, and will pursue you for their own personal interests.

13. cedric

First off. Welcome back!:wavey:
    Second, this is generally what's going to tell me that I'm not interested in a guy. I'm the type who's going to be more attracted to the boy-next-door type sitting at a table by himself looking slightly nervous.

14. cedric

I really hope this doesn't happen. I've had weird old men hit on me, and even more give me looks that creep me out. Having some stranger grope me would just freak me out.

And I drink usually Coronas ;)

15. cedric

hehe. I don't really need to get laid THAT badly. It's been a while, but I think I can hold out for someone decent. Lookin for a boyfriend and taking apps. :hsugh:

16. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Watch out for rufies. :eek3:

17. cedric

:eek3: Also a good reason not to go alone. That happened to a good friend's girlfriend at a club once. Someone slipped her something and she passed out. Good thing he was there to take care of her. I don't get why someone would do something so stupid to a girl who's obvoiusly there with other people.

18. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...I hate drugs...:wtc: Be very careful who you accept drink from. AND if you take a free drink, make sure your friend doesn't, or you could end up sexually assaulted, robbed, and taking an STD test for acts you don't even remember. :ugh: :noes: :wtc:

19. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

Welcome Back NovaJock!

Usually I try to stay away from those trolls, but yes, there are guys like this out there. And those who need to use ruffies, well lets just say there's a special place for them right under neath the bridge next to all of the other trolls.

20. coma

coma New Member

And you can expect to see straight people at a gay bar:ugh2: , not homosexual heaven like you'd expect. Some people find it "cool" to go to one so that they can boast to their friends that they've been. I actually went to one with my "girlfriend" and it was her idea.

21. Ferron

I should be heading out to San Francisco in a month or so. I'll buy you a drink :bigthumb:

22. Ferron

Sounds good :bigthumb: I need to start pricing tickets ;)

23. cedric

OK, I was so totally bored out of my mind tonight, that went by myself to check it out. It's not like it was far or anything, less than a block from my apartment. Anyway, I guess I was expecting more. I walked in the door behind a group of middle-aged white people, half of whom I'm guessing were straight and just out for kicks.

The bar was mostly full of white guys 30's-50's. I felt like a fricken baby in that place. Nobody was on the dance floor. Instead, the guys were glued to the walls or sitting on bar stools or at tables.

This was definitely a different experience, because you could tell that practically all the men in there were cruising and they weren't being subtle about it at all. They were obviously evaluating everything that walked by them.

I'm not really that disappointed. I realize that I was probably expecting too much, like the Babylon or something. Maybe Friday's are better. There were a couple decent-looking guys there. At least I found out what it was like and I don't have to bother subjecting my friend to it now.

24. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Last time I was in Castro I nobody even hit on me, which one of my friends told me to expect. It was fun anyhow, perhaps in the summer I will have to go exploring again. :)

25. NOVAJock

Welcome to the majority of gay bars. Some are like this, and some are not. There's a bar in Boston that's very cool where most of the locals go that range from their 20's on up...are into sports, etc. Great atmosphere and everyone's pretty cool. It's not very cruisy.