LGBT Gay and lesbian celebs that need to come out

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Cyborg Ninja, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Ninja New Member

Why don't more queer celebrities come out? Even though we still deal with homophobia everyday, I think that the overall climate has changed dramatically in the past decade. I'd love to see people like Kevin Spacey, Gina Gershon, Queen Latifah, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, George Eads, Jorja Fox, Evangeline Lilly, etc etc come out. Some of them go as far as to beard themselves or lie during interviews. What's the point? Why are they so afraid? Would their careers really be damaged if they did, or is it a case of any press is good press?

2. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

personally i'm waiting for the day the Rock and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (claimed bi) come prancing out

those men are far too hot to be straight :eek3:

3. Teenytinyboo

Teenytinyboo New Member

I thought Vin diesel has already outed him self as a Bi sexual no?

4. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

in all truth it would probably not effect them personally to much, cause they are rich and (semi)-famous... but the industry as a whole might be hurt. When theaters won't show harry potter because they think it supports and advocates witchcraft, don't put it past more ppl to do the same thing to movies with outed actors because ppl are stupid in general...

pluss when u are always in the spotlight you become alot more self concious about what other ppl think (i would assume) and hence more anxiety about coming out...

P.S. did Vin out himself... cause he is hot!

5. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

Yes, I think it would damage their career. I know we need it and many of us want them to come out because we look up to celebrities, and they set society (in a way). They influence others but as much as we want them to come out, we can't force anyone (well stupid hollywood gossip people have tried & claimed). Its a private decision. When they're ready, they'll say something.

It's all of a matter of coming out at the "right time". Take a look at Lance bass for example. he wasn't pushed to come out, he wanted to wait and didn't wanna come out in his peak of his music career (N'sync) cause he feared it'd hurt the whole entire group (i think i wouldn't.. it'd just make people more supportive), and he felt 100% comfortable with his sexuality. So basically the moment, he felt ready & confident.. he came out. and that's what counts. Congrats lance! (i suspected it in the past.. how about you guys? heh)

by the way.. whats this talk of Vin disel coming out? i haven't heard anything! lemme know people... im guessing its a rumor?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

mmm someone said George Eads.....mmmmmmm

7. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

Lance came out because he was going to be outed by some magazine. He decided it would be pretinent to do it himself, and came out. It wasn't the "right time" or anything like that, he was psuedo-forced out. I am glad he came out though... wish it could have been on better terms though.

8. tony

tony Guest

:x: there is some i really want to know if they are gay or bi :x:

9. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

link to vin outting himself?? :eek4: i knew he was. men dont smile the way he does :eek4:

10. tony

tony Guest

:x:

11. Cyborg Ninja

Cyborg Ninja New Member

Obviously Vin Diesel isn't out to the mainstream public.

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:rofl: I think people or some wal mart checkout isle magazine had this thing in it about Clay being gay....lol how 2004 or whenever that was!

13. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

yar, people, i had a bunch of "blonde" people talking about it all day at work, talk about wanting to gore someone with a inkpen. also.... whats the big deal about Mcgreevy(nj) being gay? its all over the place. has everyone forgotten harvey milk so quickly? :furious:

14. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

<3 The man knows his history.

15. 2500

2500 Guest

um, don't you mean straight men? cuz, last i checked, i was a man. <<checks again>> ah, yes, i'm deff a man... not that i even care, but, i was unaware that straight men had specific patented smiles that gay men can't have and vice versa.... :rolleyes:

16. Priest Tango

im so sorry your majesty, i forgot to add one word into my sentence, pls forgive me :rolleyes::ugh:

17. 2500

2500 Guest

well it was a very important word considering it made it sound like you were saying gay men weren't men. :rolleyes:

18. Priest Tango

or i could have been saying that all men are straight. or all men are gay :eek3: BLASPHEMY!!

19. tony

tony Guest

is noah flessis gay :x: :x:

20. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

:bowdown: thanks, but i should be thanking you for educating me about stuff in your own way, thanks for tha mail1!!!!one!!1

21. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

Didn't Perez Hilton try outting lance too? cause that guy's cruel for outing people. It's just a downright, disrespectful thing to do. All the reliable sources i got were from watching reichen talk about his bf's outing on some talk show, and lance himself on E entertainment (or was it E-extra), and these links

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-lancebasscomesout,0,5279884.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14082137/

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=2189570&page=1

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah1047.shtml

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/26/people.lancebass.ap/index.html

it doesnt matter though... the thing that matters is that he's happy. One thing i find surprising is, he predicts N'sync will come back together sometime in the future. N'sync going popular again? Hmm.. that'd be quite something, wouldn't it?

22. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

...wow. :eek3:

23. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

YES!

24. Showdown

Showdown New Member

I wonder if Lance and his hot bf have sex. :eek3:

25. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

i owe 90% of it to manyhampsters and his awsome awsome help a few weeks back. thanks for my new bible!!!! :bowdown: