(gasps) (pants) (gulps water furiously) (gasps again)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by deusexaethera, Sep 25, 2006.

1. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Goddamn.

I finished the first round of work on my Passat, and I've finally gotten all of the broken stuff fixed.

I had to change the main breather hose and the 3-way PCV junction and the PCV valve because all three parts were damaged -- the main breather hose was broken completely in half, no less -- and to do that I had to pull the intake manifold.

I was getting a tool from my workbench at one point and I looked back at the car sitting in the driveway...it looked like open-heart surgery with the middle of the engine bay empty, the manifold bent up and over to the side like a piece of ribcage, various other components splayed out over the sides of the engine...

Goddamn.

Anyway, I got all of that done (which included some unexpected fun with literally cutting the PCV hoses to pieces and scraping them off the nipples they connected to) and I figured I'd treat myself and install a boost gauge so I could make sure the vacuum/boost numbers were back within original spec.

They are, thank God. What a pain in the ass it was to do all that work! At least the car runs properly now, and my boost gauge looks mighty sharp. If anyone's curious, I used a fabric-covered A-pillar pod from 42 Draft Designs with an Indigo boost gauge from NewSouth Performance. The damn thing looks like it's stock; I love it. I'll post a pic when I get the chance.

Goddamn.

2. deusexaethera

Lights on:

[​IMG]

Lights off:

[​IMG]

Sorry bout the shitty pics, they came from a shitty camera...and you may have noticed that it's nighttime.

3. XERQ

XERQ Guest

the glow is sweet

4. deusexaethera

That's what I thought. :big grin:

I forced myself to hold off buying a gauge for months until I found the perfect one. It worked.

5. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

anything else done to the car?

6. deusexaethera

Besides repairs? Not yet; for the past year I've been slowly catching up with the neglect from the previous two owners. I still need to get the timing belt assembly replaced with the revised parts that don't blow the engine with no warning.

As the money comes in from the job, it will get new wheels, stronger swaybars, better intake and exhaust systems (I'm thinking Techtonics for the exhaust), projector lamps, a chip, and perhaps a K04 turbo. Dunno if I'll drop it, though; I'm pretty happy with the ride height as it is now.

I've got a complete set of EBC sport rotors and pads to put on the thing, when I can get a weekend when I don't have to do anything else.

EDIT: Oh wait...that's right, I put a Hyperboost DV on it a few weeks ago. I guess that counts as something else I've done.

7. Bassheadjazz03

Bassheadjazz03 OT Supporter

No timing belt yet? Whats the mileage on the car? If its above 80k get that shit done quick nigga...

8. Lima_dat

Lima_dat Banned

Passat world crew :wavey:

9. deusexaethera

word. What's your name therein?

10. Lima_dat

Lima_dat Banned

Lima_dat_alone