MMA Gary Goodridge on Tank and Kimbo

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://forum.garygoodridge.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1830

Q: I know you guys never fought, but i was just wondering if you got along with him? Did you ever have any cocktails with him? And what is your thoughts on his fight with Kimbo? And your thoughts on kimbo as a streetfighter and as an mma guy ? uhhhh okay im done now lol

Goodridge: Well thanks for the interest bro... I like Tank I think he is allot of fun. Yes yes he is a party animal and then some... This is our differences, I don't party at all, and he loves to party. Yes we did have a cocktail together. I think it was last year in California. Kimbo looks to be a big strong man, that is overrated. I would bet money that I could force him over my knee. As big as he is, I am betting that I could spank his ass. This is not me blowing my horn. I myself asked for a fight with Kimbo, not two month ago and was turned down. Why? cause I was to experience for him. This is an individual this is having his record padded. Yes my friends Kimbo is a poof... A big strong looking guy, but can't dance with the big dowgs of this sport yet... My 8yr old daughter is looking for a fight. He might be a good for her. His first real test is going to be an old Tank. Lets see this fight first... [​IMG]

lol

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Gary short on some bucks looking for a whooping and some coin.

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Goodridge would be a good match up for Kimbo, I would like that

4. Bear Fight

Bear Fight New Member

This is what no one seems to understand. Arguing with people about it is just a waste of time, or so it seems.

5. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Dont fuck with the Goodriche

6. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I think that part of this also comes from Lesnar facing Mir in only his second fight.

7. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

yup, as i said in the other thread, UFC fighters are expendable

8. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Would have been much better for the sport to give lesnar the Huerta path. Same for Kimbo. There is a happy medium between feeding people to the lions and giving them too many squash matches.

9. maks

maks Bah! t(-_-t)

They will buildup kimbo just like cung.

10. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

Lesnar has more talent in his left nut than kimbo will ever have and shouldn't be compared in any way lol.

Kimbo is pretty much what tank used to be, he's a guy who is a tough rough mean dude who's gonna bang, he's nothing much more than that, to put him in the ring against anyone with any sort of a well rounded game would be a bad idea, feed him a few more old fat guys with no ground game and people will all jump on his bandwagon and suck his nuts , they're doing the right thing

11. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Ignoring your opinion on something you probably know little about, you would have to be pretty ignorant to not see similarities in their careers, roles, and growth in the sport.

12. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

you're right. kimbo, much like tank, doesn't train much and doesn't take the sport seriously as a career

sure he's training with bas, but bas is probably only showing him how to throw punches

13. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

Kimbo has done more training in the last year than Tank has his entire MMA career.

If nothing else recognize the fact that he knows that he can't be successful as a one trick pony brawler.

He is going about it the right way and you have to respect that.

14. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

waaaait a second

that's the exact opposite of what i said

15. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

I know but I made that up.

You are right.

Kimbo just hangs out at Bas' gym.

He turns on the Biohazard for Bas and says "danga da danga da dang" so Bas doesn't have to.

16. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

badda bang biddy boom!

kimbo's training involves beard growing

17. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i might respect him after he fights someone with some BJJ ability and not a big fat out of shape old ass Tank, the Youtube fights in da ghetto were better match ups than tank, tank is fucking nothing, he's a sloppy fat piece of old shit that stands in 1 spot and still gets tired as hell instantly once the bell is rung.
    beating up on Tank doesn't earn shit for respect, i mean come on, tank is older, hes' fat out of shape, has no MMA skills, just stands and throws haymakers, if a in shape activly training Kimbo managed to lose to tank that would have been funny as shit, conditioning alone could beat tank at this point, that fat ass hasn't meant anything in MMA for well over a decade.

Kimbo is a new fighter who beat a completely washed up fighter, there are tons of fighters that deserve more respect and attention than kimbo but there are a million threads about the guy

brock lesnar got too much attention and Kimbo got to much attention so i guess there are comparissons between the 2. They are just starting in MMA, they haven't done anything to earn this much attention yet

18. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Yeah I see kimbo getting his feet wet but.... what exactly is he getting out of fighting people like tank? LoL, he's fought many times... he should at LEAST fight other up and comers..

Has he fought any yet or just these old guys...

I could propably knock tank out :hsugh:

19. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i don't think anybody here said that either fighter is good enough to be top competition right now. all we're saying is that their potentials are pretty high between work ethic, motivation, and athletic ability. it's safe to say that they haven't realized their full potential yet

people talk a lot about Kimbo a lot because he's an internet sensation. he's getting introduced to the sport the right way, by surrounding himself with good people and slowly getting acclimated instead of diving in head first

20. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

as i said before, eliteXC is probably building him up like they did with Cung Le. they feed them fighters that work with their fighting abilities

they're not expendable like UFC fighters where they build them up for one fight and then quickly forgotten after losing

21. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yeah you got a point.

22. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I for one like the way Gary Shaw is bringing Kimbo up. He knows what kinda star power the guy has, and he wants to see his investment mature fully.

And as for the Lesnar comparison, Brock had serious, world class wrestling cred before getting into MMA. Kimbo had "street cred" which we all know means he beat up some fat dudes in backyards in the hood. Brock has the skillset to control most MMA fighters with his wrestling, even at the highest levels, which makes high level matchups compelling even early in his career. Kimbo has some boxing skills, but he's not at the level with his boxing that Brock is with his wrestling.