garmin c330 vs megellan 760

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shiba, Jun 14, 2006.

1. shiba

shiba Active Member

Feb 10, 2006
    i got my hand on a sweet deal for either of these gps unit. I never had much experience with either so i was hoping you guys can tell me the pros and con's of each. I searched online for reviews but usually they're done after a week they got it or within the first few minutes of powering up. I'm looking at more long term reviews and opinions of these.
  2. Roddy

Roddy Guest

If the Garmin C330 is anything like the C320, I recommend to stay away from that particular unit. I work in a retail store which sells the C320 amongst other GPS units.

I can honestly say that we've had a fair amount of complaints about the 'whereis' system that the C320 unit uses, and it lacks many features that other units such as the TOMTOM offer.

Magellan seems like a decent unit, and haven't heard any bad complaints about them.

Sorry I couldn't offer any review sites for you... just thought i'd give my $0.02 worth from what i've learnt/heard first hand.
  3. Vineyard311

Vineyard311 Wanna Race?

Jun 4, 2001
    Ive got a Garmin C320 and im perfectly happy with it. I got it for $309 and bought a $30 1gb SD Card to load the maps onto. The only difference between the c320 anc c330 is that the maps come preloaded on the 330. Not worth the extra $100-200 IMHO.