Garage Band any good?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Clerksrat, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Clerksrat

Clerksrat Active Member

I never really messed with garage band, because I figured it was like Windows which throws on gay shit you never need. Yet I see a lot of torrents dedicated to it and what not so I guess is it really fun to play with or use?

2. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

I've never even opened Garage Band and I've taken to not even installing it.

3. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

It's an alright music recording program for basic stuff.

MS Paint : Adobe Photoshop
    Garage Band : Protools, Cubase SX

4. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

It's pretty basic but you can do some pretty cool things with it using the ready-made samples/loops. The soft-synths are pretty clean and impressive for a free program. You cant really use it for anything near pro / semi-pro applications but if you wanna learn a bit about sequencing and recording it's ok :hs:

Think Apple produced it to compliment their Podcasting cult as it makes it a pretty easy task to complie a show.

5. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

compared to multi-track recoding on an audio cassette, it kills. There are a lot of features that are kinda hidden, like the effects, took me forever to find those. NIN has released two songs in Garage Band format, so you can remix them, it's kinda fun to play around with.

6. agent0068

agent0068 OT Supporter

if you're an amateur at making music and are interested in making music (i use the word "music" loosely), then it's for you. if you couldn't give a crap about audio, then i doubt you'll care about garage band

7. Eye For The Winter

Eye For The Winter New Member

GarageBand is an incredibly simple way to create music. You can use tons of Apple loops or record something of your own by either using a recording device, line-in, or a built-in microphone. It's easy to use and it doesn't sound half bad.

8. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Works well with multichannel soundcards like the Presonus Firepod. It's very simple use, lacks alot of the features more advanced software like Logic or Cubase have, but it's still a capable program. It also has some pretty good guitar effects if thats what you want to record. It will also convert and export your mixes directly to iToons. Clean, simple, easy to use program.

9. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I used garageband's piano loops on backgrounds of my video's or iphoto slideshows. i also used it for quiet background for an "at-home" dinner date. the girl kept commenting on how much she loved the music. :bowdown:

10. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

what he said

i use soundtrack pro :o