MIL Gap year or not, uni issues.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by toothpick, Nov 13, 2007.

1. toothpick

toothpick New Member

Hey guys i am Currently a 2nd year uni student in Australia (studying science with majors in ecology and environmental science) and Australia has the offer of the gap year program, essentially you can take do one year in the army, and get paid a bucketload for it!

i am keen on it, but i do not know if i will go back to university after the gap year after i get a taste for money as i am used to being broke.

Any suggestions, do you reckon i should go for it, i am fairly fit and i am a practitioner of Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and compete actively in tournys as much as i can. do you recommend this gap year program for me? and secondly do you think i would go back to uni afterwards, as i really want to be a scientist.

2. toothpick

toothpick New Member

*bump* help an AVless fag out

3. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

This seems like more of a personal decision. If you think the money will drag you into the military life then you don't really want ot be a scientist. Just remember there is a light at the end of being a broke college student. Scientist have the potential of making a lot of money, just think over your decisions and throw out the fact that you will be making any specific amounts of money while thinking about it to help you make a much more logical and smart decesion.

4. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

The pay really isn't that great, you're just used to being a pov uni bum.