Gap news...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by AlcoLOLic, Aug 8, 2007.

1. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Personally I feel like this has been a LONG time coming. I have no regrets, I've ridden it plenty of times. This post is for those of us that get our 2-wheeled news from OT...I'm sure it's been making the rounds on places like sportbikes.net and Katanaplanet for days.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon_SHUTDOWN.html

2. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

I know a few guys who went down and didn't say anything about the law, that being said the shit you see online makes you not wanna go.

That being said, I've never been so I have no idea what it's like there.

3. heyskippy

heyskippy New Member

This too shall pass, but it could have been avoided. I've been to the Dragon lots of times and honestly I'm surprised crackdowns like this don't happen more often. No doubt this one was inspired by the 3 fatality weekend back in July, but the sport bikes and some sports cars are just plain stupid.

Every time they pass someone on the Dragon like a fucking idiot, they're taking a chance that the person they just scared the shit out of in the car or cruiser they passed is well connected. All it takes is one or two well connected people calling their state representatives who then call the head of the highway patrol who calls his captains and the crap just keeps rolling downhill and then you have the THP swarming the road.

We could all drive and ride like maniacs up there if we just followed a few simple rules. But there's always someone who will ruin it. I've had sport bikes go around me on blind corners when I was already hauling ass. I see dumbasses in S2000/350z/etc across the center line all the time, tires squealing at the limits of adhesion. They have zero room for corrections and they're already out of their lane. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh well, it's not like there aren't about 1000 miles of roads up there that are nearly as good. One just has to find them. :)

4. YodaHart

YodaHart New Member

I think its good that they have police patrolling the area, but they don't need to be as extreme as they are.

Pull people over for speeding or reckless driving, not stupid shit like having your visor up.

5. errorunknown

errorunknown New Member

People need to stop being cheap and go to the track instead.

6. Drewski

Drewski New Member

get rid of any/all donut shops within 100 miles and that should clean up the pig infestation

7. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

remove all the squids who think it's their own personal racetrack and that would clean truly up the "pig infestation".

8. itsover954

itsover954 New Member

9. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

Anyone have the link where DOT is going to install speed bumps along the tail?

10. Drewski

Drewski New Member

don't forget those people who were

etc, etc

11. heyskippy

heyskippy New Member

Well you know the police. Anything worth action is worth overreaction.

12. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

not forgetting them at all. What is the reason they are coming down so hard on the area though? Idiots running through there like it's a racetrack. Well now they are there fucking over everyone. Had people been a bit more responsible and mature about things, there wouldn't have a reason for the backwoods yahoos to show up in force. Just spend an afternoon browsing though the Killboy site with page after page of "reasons".

13. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

wow, that blows