GUN Gangs in the Military v.Fox News

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Eightball, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Eightball

Eightball New Member

Repost?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgwfVJIoBNM

I saw this broadcast a few weeks ago. Not sure if they broadcasted this out of Southern California. Did a search on youtube and not surprisingly I found it. The report is about gang members joining the Military, getting the skills, and taking it back to the streets. Most of the gangs they mentioned are from California. A couple of these gangs infest my area. They said something about a tactic called "slicing the pie" or "pieing." Can anyone elaborate more on this? Could you guys stack up against these "Military Thugs?"

Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  2. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

looks like it's advancing around the corner cutting the angles while keeping your target supressed.

3. Iceburn

Iceburn Made in the USA

This kind of stuff just pisses me off. Not only does that guy kill and injure police officers, he gives the military a bad reputation. Hell I like the police. They're the ones keeping everyone safe.

4. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

holy shit...this could be devistating...if gangmembers actually learn to shoot, one of two things will happen.

1)Everyone is fucked.

2)Crime and death will become less of a problem, because they will actually kill their target in a drive by and not everyone else.

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

They've been doing it for years. When I was in I knew a lot of "ex" gang bangers in my unit. Why the fuck they let people with gang related tattoos and criminal records in is beyond me. I understand that your record is supposed to go away when you're 18 but that's when most of these fuckers are joining up.

6. travisdb

travisdb What do you wanna do?

interesting, it is a small percentage im sure.

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

A deadly SKS assault rifle :rolleyes:

8. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

"Former Nazi Skinhead" i bet that guy didnt know thats what they were going to list him as...

yea, instead of "aiming" a handgun sideways and hitting civilians instead of their target, they might end up killing themselves. That would be devastating

9. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

its not like this is a new thing anyways. Think back to world war two

10. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

The slicing the pie tactic they talked about is used to keep the enemy from advancing toward you, in this case, continuing to fire off rounds at/around the corner while you advance in

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

That pisses me off. They need to start some program to help identify gang members joining the armed services. If they have gang related tattos, they shouldn't be allowed in, simple as that.

12. 90free400e

90free400e New Member

if they can identify gang members in prison they should be able to do it in the armed forces

13. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Gangs using military to learn tactics? Guess it's time to ban the military :rolleyes:

14. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

The dude who they first showed IS NOT A GANG MEMBER, and never was.

15. rvito

rvito New Member

You gotta figure that more than a few of em will 'grow up' while in the military. Discipline tends to do that to people.

16. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

No one tactic (however incorrectly presented) is going to magically turn undisciplined thugs into Universal Soldiers. Not to discount their danger, but this is nothing new, I've heard gang reports from the 1980's talking about gang sleepers joining the military, ordering holsters and police equipment to practice on, hiding cuff keys, etc.

17. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

when i used to go visit my buddies in tennesee thats exactly what i thought. everyone on the base seemed like they were gangbangers or ex bangers. my buddies told me the base was very segregated and that everybody keeps to their own kind.

18. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

Wow, some impressive tactics there... i'd be pretty fucking scared now to see military tactics used against our police.

19. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

:werd: Going through all that work just to go back to being a gang member? You'd think even the gangbangers wouldn't be that stupid. After serving in the military, it would be even easier to go out and get a real job

20. Aviator

Aviator Banned

You know, not to come off as sounding "e-tough" or anything, but those "tactics" are the most basic shooting tactics that honestly anyone could read about on the internet or in a military book. So he advanced on them and used his environment to shield himself while shooting? THAT is what scared the cops so bad? I mean, I'm sure it just caught them off guard, but if they had been prepared for it, they could have countered him very easily. Those cops looked like slow fat-asses that just didn't expect a shooter to come at them. The average infantry soldier isn't taught any tactics that any civilian enthusiast couldn't learn easily.

I say this is media sensationalism.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd: this is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of. if you want to improve your shooting and "tactics," go to the range often and take classes.

22. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Just watched the whole thing now:

"[officer was] armed only with a handgun."
    "Police are not trained to engage gang members with military expertise"

Without being disrespectful to an officer down, shame on them for preparing to fail.

23. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I'd have to agree. Not that watching these videos don't enfuriate me, but the guys were responding to a shots fired call, they'd have to be prepared for something. I'm sure they didn't think about getting shot at with an SKS, but you have to be ready for anything. And I always thought that going around the corner slowly increasing your angle was just common sense, first time I heard the actual term I couldn't believe there was one.

24. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

They can learn the same tactics playing video games.