Games or movies: Which do you think has more replay value?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by JakobwithaK, Jul 31, 2009.

?

which has more replay value?

1. Games

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. Movies

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

On any given day, which are you more likely to buy, a game or a movie? For me I say games have more replay value - 90% of the movies I see I never watch again, so I rent these or end up trading/selling them. For instance a sports game I can get countless amounts of hours out of.:naughty:

2. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

Depends on the game. Games with good MP I'll play over and over again (or MP only in the case of TF2). If it only has a good SP campaign and no MP or the MP sucks, I'll usually just rent it or play through it once (since you can't rent PC games).

3. it's tim

it's tim Active Member

95% of movies i can't stand watching twice

same could probably be said for games though

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I've never understood why people buy tons of movies to throw on their shelves. Not only are most movies not worth watching more then once or twice, but it seems people that buy them don't even watch them more then once or twice.

I only buy games I know I'll keep going back to.

Started playing Force Unleashed again yesterday now that I have a wicked TV and last time I played it was on SD.

5. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Movies won't change, no matter how many times you watch it. You may notice new things on a second or third viewing you haven't noticed before, but they were always in the movie.

Games have more potential to be different on each play, through, as they are not completely static. This is depending on the game of course... super linear games, I would say, have 0 replay value.

6. Strife

Strife Active Member

Any game I buy has way way more replay value then a movie. Movie I spend 2-3 hours on, all the games I buy are either RPGs, Multiplayer games I get hundreds of hours out of, or good story games (MGS, etc.) that I get to play at least 10-15 hours.

All those other short, shitty linear games I pretty much don't play or will just rent if it's really good and I want to play it (GoW, etc.).

I rarely watch a movie more then once, and if I do it's a couple years later.

7. Elusid

Elusid New Member

Is this pole even serious? I mean... a movie has the same outcome no matter how many times you watch it and only lasts a few hours at best. A game you can mix it up as much as you'd like and can take several days...

8. spiffitz

spiffitz New Member

I recently tossed a bunch of unopened VHS movies that my wife for some reason purchased in the past. I don't get it, either.

I also don't get this poll. I like apple games better than orange movies.

9. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

well this is a stupid question

10. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

this IS the Gaming forum also... ask the same question in the film forum and see what answers you get :mamoru:

11. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

i did on another site and the results were the opposite. :rofl: But I agree with previous posters here, I dont get people who have shelves full of movies - Ive been cutting back on my bluray spending and recently traded/sold a bunch that I didnt care for much or never plan on watching again. I will always have a bigger game library than movies.

12. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

games for sure

13. sony

sony Active Member

movies for sure i have like 200 hours in a couple of my movies already keep rewatching them