Games on sale today on Amazon

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by hellodon, Nov 29, 2009.

1. hellodon

hellodon

I was just going through my Amazon recommendations and noticed a lot of newer games on sale. Just figured I'd pass along in case anyone is looking for a discounted price on a newer game. Jump on it soon, Amazon is very weird about sales. I've seen something at one price and thought about it for a few hours in the past, went back to buy and it wasnt that price anymore...

Some noteworthy ones I saw:
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360 - 39.99
    Brutal Legend - 39.99
    Uncharted 2 - 40.00
    Borderlands - 49.99
    Tekken 6 - 32.99
    Dragon Age Origins - 39.99
    Bioshock 2 Preorder - 53.99
    Halo ODST - 39.99

There are probably a ton of others....

There's also this one seller selling a lot of games that are kind of old, still sealed/new at outrageous prices. It's ridiculous. Some of them I can understand charging a little more for, but Supar Mario Advance 3? Yoshi's Island? I bought that less than a year ago brand new - he's charging $104.98

the reason this sucks is because some little kid might have it on their christmas list, and some parent or grandparent arent going to realize that its not worth that much and might just buy it at that ridiculous price - then their kid gets burned on gifts because all of the xmas money went into that one game. I think this is exactly their intent, to lure in some unknowing parents and profit a shit load on everything they sell...but those prices are going a little TOO far with that....Kingdom Hearts, $71.88?? Star Wars Force Unleashed for PS3...$70.95?

Check it out:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3O4XUIPWQ2IWK

2. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

3. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

4. freshie

freshie New Member

gamestop also has borderlands for $50, ends today

5. hellodon

hellodon

Yeah I failed to mention that.
    Amazon has a Marketplace. You or I or anyone could sign up as a seller (I actually manage ours for work)

So the items up for sale are by a store called Hit Gaming Store...that was a direct link to their marketplace store within Amazon.

Most of Amazon is marketplace sellers these days. Amazon themselves makes most of their money that way. Even though they still stock a shit load of stuff - they probably house 1/1000th of what is for sale on their site. This place ships from KY (I wonder if they remember the KY while they RAPE people in the ass with these prices?)

I realize some games are hard to find sealed and are more valuable to a collector - but some of the games they are trying to play "that game" with are still in stores. I saw the first NHL game for Playstation up for about 100 dollars, the greatest hits version!!

6. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

7. tomohr

tomohr look again! OT Supporter

good deals, but dragon age is enough for me at this time.. I could probably play that game for the next 6 months and still be doing different things

8. Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA OT Supporter

just bought uncharted 2 for 40$ and used amazons free prime shipping :coold:

9. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

It's still ~ that price on eBay.. shit, even less than that. Amazon is smoking pure crack.

10. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

Really? What about Luigi's Mansion?
    Those are the only 2 'Nintendo' titles I kept for the Cube.

11. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

12. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

I kind of want Dragon Age Origins, and Brutal Legend.

13. hellodon

hellodon

Yeah the high prices are supposedly SEALED. Most of the games that are expensive are WAAAAYYYY cheaper used even here.

Also for the guy that said Amazon is smokin crack - read my post above.
    This isnt Amazon selling this shit. This is the company selling them for those prices through Amazon

http://hitgamingstore.com/

They get about 20 feedbacks per day as a seller, usually 1 in 7 leaves feedback...which means they're probably selling 100+ products per day. I guarantee they sell a lot of them at these insane prices

14. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

1. invest in plastic wrapping machine
    2. get used games that look new
    3. wrap games
    4. post on amazon for $100
    5. ???
    6. profit

15. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

16. hellodon

hellodon

I wonder if that's what they are really doing? I mean...games have a certain seal to them. Nintendo games have the plastic up the back and the other companies seal with a folder plastic wrap that can't be replicated with a shrink wrap machine. That would be SOOOO fucked if they were taking used games and resealing them but who knows

17. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

I'm sure it can't be hard to get a machine that can replicate the way that Nintendo or another company wraps their games. I realize there's a special way they have it wrapped, but like I said, it can't be that difficult.

I hope they don't do that either, but for one thing, most people probably aren't going to examine the wrapping all that well. For another, some of the games that they're selling still packaged in the wrapping just kind of seem impossible to still exist in the packaging. I realize that sometimes warehouses out there are uncovered with a couple hundred copies of Final Fantasy VII that got away but seriously, who bought Mario Kart Double Dash thinking it was going to be a big collector's item one day?

18. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

Shit I have that game :mamoru: