MMA Gameplans?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by MyLittleAirport, May 15, 2006.

1. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I got a no-gi tournament again next week and I noticed that I really don't have a gameplan whenever I go to competitions. Like in wrestling, I just go in and wrestle, I did the same with my last no-gi tournament also. I started to notice that this was a bad idea and I have a sketch of a gameplan but I just wondered what other people's gameplans were to get a general idea.

Like one of my gameplans I thought of so far would be that if I went against a good wrestler, I would either throw a flying armbar/triangle, either end up with the submission locked in or me on my back and him in my guard. Then I would work for positioning and submissions from there.

Something like that.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

yeah it does help to have a gameplan. you should always try to make the person play the game that youre best at.. when i compete i almost always pull half guard, and score two points for a sweep. I like to start the fight ahead on points. There are few guys at my level that I can't sweep from half guard, so that has been really working well for me in tournaments. dont get me wrong, i lose a lot of fights, but i almost always get those two points in the beginning.

3. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I dunno I am going to look to start competing soon, I'll tell ya once I do :dunno:

4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I almost always go for a safety net of about 8-10 points then go for a submission unless he is giving me an arm or something. Those points come quick takedown (2) then knee on stomach (another 3) then mount (another 4).