A&P Galactic Arbor

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ASIGN_Baz, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

Last night out in the Canberra mountains was ironic, as I now have mountains of images to process, including a timelapse.

Here is a preview of one I worked on quickly while the others are batching. I was particularly impressed and fascinated by this tree in the darkness. It was incredibly huge.

This is a single frame, 35 seconds at ISO 1600 with a Canon 400D and 18-55mm lens. I took four darks tonight in a dark room just to remove the large amounts of noise. At 35 seconds, i had to stretch it a bit, but I am happy with the result.

I now have a heap to stack as well as finish the timelapse so I will leave you with this...

Cheers,

Baz.:big grin:

[​IMG]

2. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

before i read your description i was wondering wtf that was in space that was blocking out the stars like that :o but :bowdown: i love your astrophotography and can't wait to see the stacked and timelapse shots. if it ever quits raining at night, i'll try to get that night shot for you.

3. horselover fat

horselover fat in your driveway stealing your internet

man, wish the night skys where i live held that kind of beauty

4. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

You should have seen it for real! Wow. It was a fantastic dark site only an hour from home.

I was so excited to get the camera home and process the pics. All day at work today I haven't been able to concentrate.

5. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

how do you not get star streaks?

6. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

18mm widefield for 35 seconds. The more you try to zoom in, the more noticeable the elongated stars will become. At 35 seconds at this magnification, it is hardly noticeable. Try zooming in and you will see the stars are not perfectly round though.

If I wanted to go longer exposures, I would have to put the camera on top of my telescope in the observatory as my mount has tracking capabilities.

When I am out bush, I leave the scope at home and just fix the camera to static tripod for widefields.