Gaining Weight

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Arsenal4rs, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsenal4rs

Arsenal4rs BEES!!! MUTHERFUCKIN BEES!!!

ok so heres the deal. I have decided that i am finally tired of being thin. Ive been this way pretty much all my life (Im 31). Dont get me wrong, Im grateful that I dont have bad weight problems in that Im heavy, but being thin can be a bitch too. Ive just joined a gym a couple days ago and while I havent had a chance to get my initial meeting with a trainer (right after me and my girlfriend joined I came down with a nasty ass cold) Im looking for some good ways to gain weight (i.e. good workouts, what to eat, supplements, hell maybe even mild steroids). Basically Im tired of my body not having a good form. Im 6'4", I weigh around 135lbs, and I want this to change. My biggest problem has always seemed to be my metabolism is VERY fast. I can eat anying (good food or junkfood) but I can never gain any type of weight.

Anyone have any good suggestions? Anything constructive is appreciated... Im sick of being a beanpole and i know my frame can support a lot more weight than it does currently.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

fits better here... good luck

3. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

4. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

1) at 6'4 135 you should not even be considering ANY steroids, even mild.
    2) Read up on how to do the main exercises (www.exrx.net
    3) Start eating a LOT more than what you currently do. Start calorie counting and start off by getting at least 3500 cals a day with at least 200 grams of protein per day (preferably more).
    4) Find a workout routine that lets you train a muscle group 2x a week and train 4 days a week total.

Good luck.

5. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

good fuck, 6'4" and 135!!! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: my gf outweighs you and she's very thin! (5'10" 140 :o)

just EAT man, EATTT!! lift hard, eat, tons of sleep, repeat!

6. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

dude I thought I was skinny at 6'5'' 168lbs.

you have to eat at least 5000 cals. I don't care how fast your metabolism is, eat that or more and you will gain weight.

7. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

my god

eat son

3500+ calories a day

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

pics?

9. Jay

Jay My shit don't stink

I used to be the same way, although not as skinny as you.

when I graduated high school I was ~125 lbs (5'7"). I decided to join a gym about 2 years ago (I'm 24 now) and wanted to gain weight, but ultimately be in shape.
    I think I went to the gym the 1st year for about 2-3 months, got lazy because I wasn't seeing results.

the most important thing I've learned from this forum is that your body is made in the kitchen. I know this may sound like common sense, but IMO, this is forgotten because of all the garbage about various supplements, steroids, pro-hormones, etc... giving immediate or fast results. nothing comes fast and easy.

read this for bulking: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=699488
    before I read that, I tried a "dirty bulk" where I ate whatever I wanted just for the sake of eating. It was counter-productive and very unhealthy. I eat until I'm not hungry, not until I can't eat anymore. that way I can eat every 2-3 hours.

Christopher's routine (link posted by GTLifter) is an incredible routine that I started out with. it's nothing fancy, just simple, hardwork and IMO effective. I don't remember who said it in this forum but I'll try quote him anyway "if you work hard day in and day out, it can make any routine a good one." (sorry if I screwed that up to hell :o )

the other intangibles that might make or break you is your motivation and determination. this includes keeping up your diet as well as your work ethic. after my 1st year as a gym member and only going for a few months, I decided to try again, but this time I had a friend join so we could help each other.

I've been routinely going to the gym and kept up my diet for about 9 months. I went from 128lbs to 172lbs in that span. the only supps. I use are ON Whey Protein, Fish Oil caps, multi. vitamin and creatine mono. I actually look forward going to the gym each day because I love the feeling. I've had friends I haven't seen in a few months asking if I'm taking steroids. my brother, who's always teased me about being skinny even called me "big" :mamoru2:

good luck.

10. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

eat eat eat and lift hard.

i was like 120lbs when i started a few months ago :o

11. Arsenal4rs

Arsenal4rs BEES!!! MUTHERFUCKIN BEES!!!

thanks for all the good advice yall.. soon as I /kick this cold \im going to be starting my workouts. all this is giving me some hope that i can stop being skinny :)

12. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

I think it is far too easy for people in average weight ranges to say, "just eat a shit ton, eat 5000 cals a day". People go around saying this like it is nothing.

The trick is eating until you feel like you are going to throw up. Being that you weigh 135, you may not be able to fit in even 4000 calories in a day, at first.

I am currently 5'10" 145, I have gained ten pounds in about two weeks. I eat until I feel like I'm going to puke, I even do on occasion. Your body will adjust quickly. Eat every 2-3 hours, all day. Lifting will help you out also.

13. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

:werd:

Diet is most important, and most trainers are increadible fucking pussies when it comes to bulking...atleast thats what I hear.

14. Kotu

Kotu OT Supporter

3500 cals a day is a good start. If you haven't gained a pound or two in a week than eat more but 3500 should be enough at first, at least.

www.fitday.com

Track your calories there. Work hard. Work every muscle groups... back, legs, chest, everything. Your exercises = Compound stuff.

gl

15. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

What kinds of food were you eating? fast food included?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.