G5 PowerBooks this year?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Taylor, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I know, I've read all the rumors as well, no one actually knows. But what do you guys think?

And more importantly, are they going to actually be worth the upgrade over my rev.A 15" Aluminum 1.25 PowerBook that I bought the day they came out?

2. dmora

dmora Guest

i'm going to wait till next Jan MacWorld for a new Powerbook. I have the same model you have. I have no need to upgrade right now, except for maybe HD space.
    Its very possible it will be out in Jan, however, by then they will have a revb and a speed bump more than likely.

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I am disappointed with the finish on my current PB (the aluminum on the palm rests has pitted and turned black, it's gross and is going to fuck up my resale value) and I'd like more HD space... at least 100, maybe 120gb. I'd also like 2gb of ram to be more affordable.

On the resale note, when I sell this PB (assuming it will be 2 years old when the new ones come out), guesses as to its value? I have 1GB ram, Superdrive, lit keyboard, every option. It's just cosmetically not great. It was in the high 2k range new.