G3 iBook having issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Jul 25, 2007.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I just got a G3 iBook (just an extra laptop to have), and I need to install the OS, however this is what happens. When I start it up, the screen is dark. I can faintly see the Apple logo from the light the apple logo projects, so I can see that it's booting up. However if I hold down C to boot from CD, it doesn't work. I tried connecting via FireWire to my MacBook Pro, but still a no go. I tried holding doing down Option also. I tried the PMU reset. After a while, it just goes right to the login screen. I got the laptop from a company that won't give me the password, so I need to re-install the OS. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know :x:

2. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Ok, so I think I know what happened. This is from a school around here that is recycling this laptop (I work at a computer recycling company) and they disabled the keyboard at boot, and display a blank screen before login. I'm not sure how they did this, but no keyboard combinations work, however when I get to the login, the keyboard does in fact work. I tried a USB keyboard, with no luck. Does anyone know how I can get around this so I can enable the keyboard at boot?