fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu v.backpain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by maxgohan, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxgohan

maxgohan OT Supporter

ok over the summer i was at my cousins just fooling around on the trampoline,
    next day my lower back was sore as fawkkkk, went away after a few weeks and i hit the squats again, BAD idea!

i got really sore again, just cooled off the next few weeks but still had a slight pain in the lower back, got into an altercation with my brother and we were just kinda wrestling and my back was in agony! i went to the doctors and i got some Tylenol with Codeine #2; and some Apo-Naproxen 375mg

anyways, that helped me through the pain for a day and it died back down to just a slight pain for the next few weeks,

tonight i sholved, or at least tried to, my driveway and now my back is in pain again, not as much as the time where i was wrestling with my brother but i feel like im gonna be in pain tomorrow

anyways, the doctors here in canada are fucking bullshit and just send you off with some bullshit script, what should i ask them to do to fix my shit?

btw i'm only 23 :wtc:

2. maxgohan

maxgohan OT Supporter

ibtl;dr

3. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

Give it a fuckton of rest. Messing up the back is one of the worst things you can do. I worked at a warehouse when I was in my teens and threw out my back and it took almost 6 months for the pain to go away when doing normal things and a full year for all of it to go away. Then this year in September I fucked it up doing deadlifts and it is still sore. It is getting better but now I am afraid to do deads and squats because they hurt. Hopefully yours isn't as bad as mine but they say once you hurt your back it is never the same. I started doing yoga and surprisingly it does help.... no homo

Helpful links:
    http://www.criticalbench.com/lower-back-injury.htm
    http://www.backfitpro.com/html/dvd.htm

4. ralyks

ralyks New Member

:rofl: I had the same thing happen when jumping on my cousins' trampoline... only I had my girlfriend on my back. It wasn't sore per-say, but really stiff for a few days.

I took the following week off of deadlifts and squats and was fine.
    Tell the doc you're concerned you really injured something and would like something more than "take this and don't do anything for a few days". Maybe go see a chiro and have them check it out, and see a masseuse and have them check it out too.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

ice pack 15 minutes on / 30 minutes off

800 mg of ibuprofen

6. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

Pretty much the same happened to me. I can't do deads, squats, bent over rows or anything like that anymore. All I do for legs now is lunges because it's the only thing that doesn't kill my back.

7. Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing OT Supporter

:werd: It makes me want to cry myself to sleep. Also, when someone is moving they always want me to help because I look muscular. But in reality, anything that has to do with a squatting movement makes me :wtc:

8. Lilkhmerkid4u

Lilkhmerkid4u OT Supporter

:hs: So what do you tell them?

9. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

ibuprofen + rest

bout all you can do til it heals

work on rehab stuff: foam roll, stretch, etc

10. Lilkhmerkid4u

Lilkhmerkid4u OT Supporter

whats a good substitute for bent over rows?

11. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

not a good substitute, but you could do single arm leaning on the bench, this would take some pressure off the errectors, if you having back pain though, doing nothing is the way to go

a good substitue would be cable or deadlifts :dunno:

12. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Foam roller, epsom salt baths, ice.

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Messed my lower back up bad a couple years ago.

Turned out to be a pull lumbar muscle. It started to feel better and I jumped into squats and REALLY messed it up bad squatting. I pulled the lower-lumbar muscle so severely that it knotted up and inflamed itself to the point of putting pressure on my lower disks and nerves.

Needless to say, I didn't do much aside from go to school and lay in bed for a good 2 weeks jacked up on meds.
    It took nearly 2 months before I was actually able to live normally and do everyday shit without pain like I used to.
    It is a lot better now, but even 2 years later I will still wake up with it stiff and hurting or doing squats will irritate it.

Just stay out of the gym for a week or two and then slowly work back in keeping as little strain on the lower back as possible.

I've pretty much given up on the dream of ever being able to squat heavy again. Everytime I get healthy and go heavy it's all gravy for a few weeks and then it starts getting sore again and I have scale back :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.