MIL FUUUUUUUUUUU Al UDEID!!!!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by evan2, Jan 21, 2010.

1. evan2

evan2 Guest

Just got the call, they already have a 7 level task as the Expeditionary Geobase Manager in Qatar. Well guess who the only 7 leve is in my bucket. This guy!!!!

We also have a 3 man survey team, 3-5-7 level slots, my one airman who is a 5 level can run that and will have to.

They will get the cooler deployment out of it, fml!!!!

so hot!!!!

2. evan2

evan2 Guest

Just got back from Iraq in Oct btw.

3. tan koi

tan koi Guest

i cant fathom how that's even considered a deployment (we took r&r there), but ok

and that's why you dumb 10 level fuckers always get in trouble. you should be at work from 0900-1700 doing frontbackgos.

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

I do not consider it a deployment that is the thing, I do not want to go there. Too many rules, fucking hot, full of morons etc...

Ive done enough deployments though that I can say anytime away from home still sucks.

5. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

AUAB can't be that bad... CFH is supposed to be pretty chill. When I was with Centcom in FL I never got to go... Oh well. Have fun!

6. evan2

evan2 Guest

been there before its rule central, fucking reflective belt police everywhere...and june is going to be super hot and the job is boring

7. Skidmark Steve

Skidmark Steve New Member

I didn't mind AUAB.
    It was like being on a well-paid vacation.
    Sunshine, sand, have a few drinks in the evening, play some Bingo, LOL @ the crazies trying to do karaoke and then catch a movie before hitting the rack.

Ouch. Tough "deployment".

8. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

this.
    i was there 3 years ago and it was like that

9. evan2

evan2 Guest

shit sucks, too hot, too many rules, too easy.......gets boring fast

10. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

the way i see it..it could be worse.

11. evan2

evan2 Guest

ID rather be in the middle of no where afghan with good buddies I trusted.

12. JoJoFine

JoJoFine OT Supporter

its like that at fucking bagram. the pt belt rule is fucking retarded anywhere you go :o

13. evan2

evan2 Guest

Bagram was is not as bad as the Deid trust me.

14. armond

armond New Member

Headed there in Oct. Wonder what Tech Control does out there... Some guys in my ship said they didn't even get to do their job...

15. JoJoFine

JoJoFine OT Supporter

i cant think of a justification for the mandatory wearing of the pt belt in country. its beyond retarded

16. tan koi

tan koi Guest

i thought it was stupid until i almost mowed down some fucking retarded cav guys that ran across an intersection

edit: wait, actually, no it didnt help, because i saw their bodies with headlights first

17. kstack34

kstack34 Its the sound of freedom

It all depends on what your doing over there, most afsc's have it so easy they get bored and become "reflective belt/tuck in your pt shirt" police. I fucking hate these ppl that dont actually have a job over there.. Try being a B-1 Maintainer and having a finance first shirt try to chew our asses out for having oil/grease on our boots/uniforms.

18. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

lol typical non-maintainer attitude. not everyone can stay as clean as some. especially when your only way of getting dirty is if your pen busts.

19. evan2

evan2 Guest

I am CE so if I get dirty Im staying dirty and if anyone says something I just lol at them.

been in long enough to know how deployments go guys lol....plus Ive already been there once in 04.

20. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I was there in 06 too. They had us wearing reflective belts too, but the Aussies and Brits didn't have to wear them, so we had our 1st Sgt bring it up, and we stopped wearing them.

Also, at least you can have your 3 daily drinks, unless they did away with that too. My crew also went out in town, ate and drink pool side at the hotels, etc..

So much sexorz going on too, get your wick det.

21. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

:werd:

They still do 3 a day as far as I know

22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

If you get in good with the people at the bar....... ;)

23. evan2

evan2 Guest

its 3 a day, dont need to get in good. You can but its not worth getting into trouble over. Most of the civs that sell do not care and will give you doubles.

When you can drink every day I tend to not bother much, when I am passing through and transiet I drink every day lol.

24. mikmit

mikmit :o? OT Supporter

kidding me? auab is THE place to go if you get called to the "desert." i worked in the subs there and it was absolutely the easiest job and made so much money there.

also it is 3 drinks a day still...and if you get in good with the foreign nationals, they will take you to their pubs and they dont have "minimums"

25. evan2

evan2 Guest

Being at the "easy" place is boring bro, ive been there before. Though actually I just found out its not what I thought it was.

It is actually not working for main base CE there and I will work at the CAOC on the Airfield Pavement Eval team. So just travel all over to Oman, UAE, afghan, Iraq etc to do airfield evaluations. Test the soil to see how strong it is and create reports. I hear its really cush when you are back at the deid. He said he does 2 hours at the gym each day and does school work.

Plus some times you are in 5 star hotels.

Much different change of pace.