MIL futurearmy medical officers abbreviated 6 week OCS course = BUDS/Sniper/Ranger School

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

My best friend is currently in his first year of medical school, there's no way he could pay the tuition so he joined the army and is going to become a doctor once he finishes medical school and the army is paying 100% of everything and even giving him like $1,500 a month for going to school and I believe he automatically becomes a Captain the day he graduates med school which is a pretty sweet deal.

Well anyways, this summer he has to go to some 6 week abbreviated OCS type thing for all the medical/doctor contract officers currently in medical school, it's somewhere in Texas. Everytime I talk to him he hypes it up big time and acts like he's going to Ranger school or something and will be an expert warfighting strategist who will be one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he's all of a sudden an expert on every weapon the army has, secret squirrel tactics, etc. etc..... i'm sure you guys know the type. He also tells girls that he's going to have to go to Iraq and even though he's only half way through his first year of medical school and has like 7 years left. He's been my best friend since well, forever... so i'm not going to correct him or try and make him look like a dumbass especially since I haven't even shipped off yet, but anytime he talks out his ass i'm just like :ugh2:.

Just felt like sharing... don't kill me now.

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Typical male testosterone bullshit. Wait till you get to bootcamp and the guys start telling you how they are snipers and already qualified for Delta. Had one guy tell my basic training platoon that he was in the CIA and just going through bootcamp in order to write a report on it's effectiveness.

3. eter

eter New Member

this med student chick on my boot platoon got a 40k cash bonus when she signed and she earns 3500 per month for going to school. of course all tuition, books, fees, etc. are payed for.... she's just a second year student and already owns a house and a new car.

but to get back to your friend, you should kick his ass.

4. brackac

Wait till you see what the Army refers to as PX Rangers. They go to c&s and purchase every kickass ribbon and badge they can find.

5. Accord

Accord New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, holy fucking shit my stomach literally hurts from laughing so hard :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: I'm just trying to picture someone telling that to their DI :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. eter

eter New Member

:rofl: ... had one guy say he served in the israeli army for a year and earned some special medal. yet he couldn't shoot for shit, or do anything right for that matter.

7. brackac

He never had the balls to tell it to the DI, just shooting off his mouth during study time. We beat the shit out of him a few weeks later for getting everyone in trouble by smoking in the bathroom.

8. Accord

Accord New Member

Was he jewish? If so, then that's not too hard to believe since any Jew from around the world is welcome to join the IDF and the obligation is only 18 months, after their bootcamp and MOS training you really only spend about a year in it. There's at least 4 guys at my synagogue who did this and one of them gave a speech on how great of an experience it was, I can't remember what the program is called though, starts with an M.

edit: here it is... www.mahal2000.com

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Maybe after the 7 years he'll be nearly as qualified as you will be after SOI.

But probably not. :)

10. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

:rofl: the army is full of jackasses like this

11. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

sounds like Accord only the Army version:eek5:

12. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: :rofl: