SRS future

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by michaele36, Mar 27, 2006.

1. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

Okay I come from a upper middle class family where money is an issue but not really. Anyway my dad is really sucessiful and my brother is going in that direction as well. Well I'm quit the opposite I quit regular school and now go to school online for 2.5 hours aday. I was working, dilivering food for a while and like I'd diliver to places like my neighborhood and then to places in the ghetto and I kind of see myself living in the ghetto places because I dont think college is possible.

When I was in regular high school I didn't get along with alot of the other kids so I neglected my work and now I dont think I can go to college. I'm just so bummed out and depressed because of it.

Thanks for all your guys help. i love ot.

2. johan

johan Active Member

Just because you didn't go to college on the regular timetable doesn't mean it's out of reach.

You can always enter as a mature student down the road. The entrance requirements are different. You could also go to community college (which is easier) and get used to the academic pace slowly. Then you transfer into a regular 4-year college.

Or you might want to assess whether college is indeed the right road for you.
    You might want to consider trade or vocational school. I.e. a welder or machinist can make damn good money, and if that sort of thing fits your tastes better...great.

So if you have the will...there IS a way. But first, stop and think a bit on your path in life. What do YOU want to do?

Never mind your father and brother's choices. This is YOUR life. This is YOUR time. What do you want to do with it?

Think on that.

3. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

never accept a sub-standard living because you think that's where you "belong." If you have the drive and determination there is no reason you can't exceed your successful family members. Going to college isn't a guarantee that you'll be rich and have a better lifestyle, it helps but it's not a guarantee. Try going to a community college like johan recommended if you feel that college is something you want to try, but there are many successful people out there that never went to college. Just don't start believing that you "belong" in the ghetto because then you will end up there.

4. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

i know i just dont have any drive or idea what i want to do.

5. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

I mean really why the fuck should I stick around if I'm just going to diliver food for the rest of my life. I refuse to get some shitty job like that again but without college what the fuck can I do?

6. deh310

deh310 and what have i become...

you ever consider the service? join up for a few years in a technical field, then you have both skills AND expirience as well as free education down the road when you want it

7. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

na i'm not one for the army

8. Anyone can go to community college...

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

In order to gain something in life, one must sacrifice something of equal value

Therefore you have to earn what you receive in life.

You are one of those persons who unless something that you want immediatly flies into your hands would continue to be unsatisfied.

You haven't made any future plans, thats why you are floating like a log towards a waterfall about to make the long fall into some ghetto. The power of your life lies in your own hands, stop being so fucking stupid and realise that this isn't a game , this is YOUR LIFE that is going to shit! And who will end up feeling shitty horrible, working for the devil as a prostitute?

This is all because you aren't consious of the hell that lies beneath you, so let me enlighten you. There was once a black guy living in the ghetto, his life was so unfortunatly typical,criminal, doing drugs, he soon came into contact with the police, and from there he ended in jail, where the guys raped eachother, and he was into an isolation cell. He said to God, if i EVER get out of here, i will do EVERYTHING in my might , to make something of my life. He though how much his family was hurting, because his bad behaviour had put his mother thru all the horrible things above mentioned.

Well he lived up to that promise, he's now some famous basketball player, i even saw him on Oprah once. From Shit to Hit. Make this happen for your own life, because you'll only have yourself to clean up the fucking mess if you screw up your life.

10. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

i get that but like how do i figure out exactly what i want to do. i dont even have the slightest clue.