GUN future purchase (next year sometime)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by apman0000, Oct 21, 2009.

1. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

so i'm planning on joining the evil black gun crew with an AR next year hopefully. obviously prices can change in the next several months so i'm not asking for detailed lists of what is needed etc, but a basic crash course in AR's would be nice.

i know shit about AR's, what are some basic do's and don't so i can start planning for the purchase. i'll do a search for some details as i know ar's have been discussed at length here.

i would sort of like a .308 but it seems that most ar's are .223

any basic info on ar's would be awesome, don't need to get to technical since i know so little about ar's at this point so i won't understand most of it lol.

i figure i can afford $1000 bucks next year and another $1000 the next year for optics and shit, am i crazy?

2. You can build a .308 AR, but it's on an AR10 platform, which is different from an AR15.

The #1 piece of advice I can give you is this: define a role you want the AR to fill, and then select the components that will best fill that role.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

home defense, looks cool, accurate for a few hundred yards would be nice.

and ar10 instead of ar15, see how little i know lol,

i literally know shit about ar's in general other than every one has one, they look awesome as shit, and some of the wicked cool ar's with nice optics i see here make me envious

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

probably a good idea, then i can just put more money in the optics etc since the rifle is so cheap, i'd have to scrap the .308 idea but i can live with .223 anyway i guess

5. I sure wouldn't want to be paying for .308 for general use with an AR. Anyways, if you build an AR10 platform rifle do it in .243 or .260

6. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

everyone already posted what i was gonna say :cool:

8. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

ammo, ammo and more ammo. done buying guns for a while unless I find some pretty damn good deals