Future of the F150?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Oman4x4, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Oman4x4

Oman4x4 OT Supporter

I read in a news article on Ford's plans for recovery that the F150 will be "ALL NEW" in 2008. Does anyone have any hints on what direction it'll go?

I know the bigger engine is on the table but that's really the only change I want them to make... Kinda worried about what will be changed...

2. cellphone

cellphone Must not sleep.....

I like the way the current 150 looks but ya that truck needs to get some balls.

3. BigT

BigT LSX Crew

I'd venture to guess it will look like the explorer and expedition. They seem to change one and make everything else look the same.

They will definitely be getting the new v8 series of engines other than that, no one really knows.

4. Oman4x4

Oman4x4 OT Supporter

I may just get an '07 model and then wait to see how reliable the new block is before comitting to it. At least over here the dealer will have a range of spares that will work on the 5.4 block... if I'm the only guy in the country with a Hurricane engine and it goes wrong that could be a problem.

In a couple months I should be in a position to get a daily driver - and it'll probably be a toss-up between the Expedition and the F150.