Funny or interesting ways to ask someone on a date

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Alexqzilla, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I've got a friend, she's single, I'm single, we're single. We talk a lot, and get along really well, but she talks to a lot of guys and gets along well with a lot of guys. Sometimes they'll try to lay the mack down, and she's been turning them down left and right. I'm just looking for a good way to make it clear that I've entertained the thought, and want to know how she feels about it, without making an idiot of myself and hurting our friendship.

I don't see any reason not to go for it, because either A) She's interested and fuck yeah go me, or B) She's not interested and I can be her friend without having to try to impress her or anything.

I was thinking of trying "I've been entertaining the thought for a while, and I just wanted to know if you'd ever want to go on a date with me. I won't be hurt or anything if you say no, I just don't want to keep building tension in my head if it doesn't exist."

But, odds are there's a better way to do it, because what do I know, right?

Hopefully this thread won't just be advice, but will also be a cool spot to share ideas.

I'm not looking for pickup lines, either. I want to be as much of an adult as I can about this.

:wiggle:

2. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

good luck. chances are you're just a friend.

your best course of action might be to get drunk with her and "randomly" make out at a party.

3. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

We were friends who had taken a liking to one another way back in the day, and we kind of lost touch up until recently.

4. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

"I've seen the way you look at me."

5. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Honestly this is something I'd say which is why I know it's a bad idea. Don't throw out the whole "I won't be hurt or anything if you say no..." blah blah line. It gives her more time to think and makes you seem unsure.

If you've known her a long time now it might be best to just come out and ask her out. "Hey I want to take you out on a date to the aquarium on Saturday. We've been just friends long enough I'd like to see if there is more between us".

I'd definitely wait for a few more replies as any girl I've ever asked on a date I haven't been friends with for a long time.

6. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

alcohol

7. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

Find out what she likes. Pretend you like it, then invite her to do it.

8. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

^ i think it would be weird to label anything as a date at this point in your relationship. how do you expect her to act on this date? how does she expect you to act? will it be weird to change your expectations of each other this far into the relationship? will it make things awkward?

that's why i don't think words are the way to do it. i think it has to be actions. there has to be some moment where you two have some sort of physical connection. it can be a peck on the lips or even cheek at the end of an evening, it can be a drunken makeout at a party, or it can even me some physical flirting/tickling while you two hang out with your friends. but it has to be an action so you two have something to go off and feel comfortable.

setting up a "date" will only be weird and result in you two acting like friends, but in dressier clothes.

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Listen to this man on this one.

Get a little more physical and flirty with her. You can't ask her on a date at this point.

10. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

It's not like we've been active friends since middle school, we lost touch for years and we've only been talking again for about a month. I probably should have said that before.

11. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

well that changes things slightly, but my way will still work. there's no easier way to make your feelings known than by being physical.

you're a man. be one.

edit: i'm still not completely clear on your situation but i'll offer this up because i think it might relate a little bit:
    i went to a small private school from k-8. recently i ran into a girl who left the school in 6th grade and who i hadn't seen since. she had a crush on me back in the day but i was clueless/a pussy and never went with it at all. so i recently saw her at a lunch place while we were with respective groups of friends. i went up to her and re-introduced myself and chatted for a minute. a few days later i asked her to go for some drinks via facebook at a small bar i really like. 2 hours later, my friend picked us up and drove us to a party. we hooked up a few hours later.

just be flirty, be physical, be confident. it'll work.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Just ask her out. It shouldn't involve some elaborate, unnatural wordplay. The date is supposed to be interesting, not how you word the offer.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  13. knucks

knucks Active Member

I 2nd alcohol/drugs.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, please don't say that. Worst way to ever ask a girl out. Ever.

Cut out everyting in bold.

15. dan7532

dan7532 New Member

You're a wuss. You're probably already friendzoned. There's no perfect way to ask her out and there's no magical easy way to ask her out. Grow some balls, ask her out ... if you want it, go GET it.