GUN Funny open carry/gun conversations and moments...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by minus, Mar 12, 2008.

1. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

My favorite response to people is what will you do when the zombies come I don't want to be eaten. But here are some others I found feel free to share your own.

On Saturday morning we left our hotel room and with Glock secured to my holster and on my belt, we drove to Colonial Williamsburg. We headed into town and first came to the blacksmith’s shop. The smithy was busy pounding away at a piece of iron and chatting with only 2 other tourists who seemed to only have a passing interest in his work. I walked over to him and asked him for a moment of his time, which he was only too happy to give me. In a low voice I said I was legally carrying a firearm but wasn’t sure of Williamsburg’s policy and could he tell me if it was allowed or forbidden. In a tone twice as loud as I had, he answered me. I’ll try to recall his response as best as I can:

“That good sir is one of the important questions now being asked by the brave men of the Continental congress. Should we as free men and women be allowed to carry arms and armament to protect the very vestment of the good lord, namely that of life and liberty. Do we have the right to protect our lands and lives against a tyrant and his army which care not for our safety and our children, but only for coins to be placed in his coffers. Nay good sir, stay your pistol upon your person and be ready to answer the call to fight not only for freedom and liberty, but for our homes and for principal”

Needless to say, I was smiling from ear to ear. I would have excepted a simple “it’s allowed” but the smithy went all out to answer a question and to weave it into a historical context. It was to date the SECOND best response I had ever had. The FIRST best came an hour after the experience with the smithy.

We were walking down the main street, looking at various arts and crafts being offered (her idea) and enjoying the scenery. I got a glance or two with the Glock 17 on my waist, but mostly we were ignored. Ahead we saw a squad of British soldiers marching up the street and being led by a Major who was dressed to the nines. As they got close, one of the conscripts in the middle pointed over to me and proclaimed loudly “Sir! That colonial is armed, shall we detain?” The Major stopped the squad and looked at me. Again, I’ll try and recall his response as best I can. While slowly walking towards me, he announced:

“No Mister Danvers, while his majesty has proclaimed that any possession of pistol or musket is forbade and forbidden, these rabble pose no serious threat to either King nor Crown. For these colonist to believe they could ever stand up to the might of his Majesty’s fine fighting men would be madness and that of sheer folly. No. . .we will allow this one to keep his pistol.” The Major then leaned in very close to me, so that only I could hear him and whispered to me “For now.”

He then walked back to the front of the squad and marched them along back down the street.

:rofl:

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

allthatshitbyyou

3. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

4. minus

Readthebold

5. minus

Stopped at Sheetz in Haymarket on the way up there, as my back teeth were floating at that point.

I pass a gentleman and his ~9 year old daughter on my (rather hurried) path to the bathroom.

Me: *exasperated sigh of relief*

The Dad: *steps into the urinal next to mine* So, uh... you got a permit for that thing?

Me: No permit needed for open carry. :big grin:
    (While thinking to myself, "Is this REALLY the time or the place to be having this conversation?")

TD: Yeah, it's just not too common to see people [open] carrying like that. What do you use it for?

Me: Target shooting. It's a nice piece of work.

TD: Yeah, I like target shooting with rifles and shotguns.

Me: Yeah, I've thought about getting a shotgun for target shooting. They seem pretty nice.

TD: Yeah, I don't know about handguns though. They only have one purpose: To kill. But, I guess if you're using them for target shooting, that's good too. *finishes up, starts to leave*

Me: Yeah, I don't go looking for trouble, but I try to be prepared.

Thankfully, I still had bladder capacity to void at this point, so I had no need to follow this.... chatty guy out of the bathroom.

No reaction from the staff, as usual.

No reaction at Giant Foods when I OC'd with Kendo_Bunny, though we did run into some girl that could be described as her 16 year old clone, complete with Vietnam-era OD Army jacket. ;)

Kendo lacks a holster for her .38 Taurus Tracker, so I had to roll it alone. :big grin:

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

7. Finest

Finest OG #93

And that's a bad thing because?

8. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

It's crazy they can just come up with that shit on the spot.

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

When you go back and study the issues between Britain and the colonies, and understand the fight against federalism and an overly powerful social governing elite, a fight that has been going on ever since we formed as a country, it seems less crazy, and more obvious.

10. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Not just the idea, I mainly meant the way they worded it.

11. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

That's awesome. Love it when someone can get into character like that. I need to get down that way this summer. Haven't been since I was in middle school.

12. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

13. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

sounds like a pretty epic trip

14. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Cool stories colonial.

15. Initial E

Initial E New Member

16. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Awesome :bowdown:

I've never really had any cool/memorable experiences with it. Good or bad. Most people are so caught up in the shit that they are doing that they don't even realize it. The people that do notice either know it's legal and don't care ore are too shy/afraid to say somethiing :o To be completely honest, I'm surprised that I've never been asked about it before...I definitely don't look 21 (actually 22 but 21 is the carry age), probably more like 19 or so :dunno:

My favorite is little kids though, they fucking always notice and can't keep their eyes off it :rofl:

17. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Cool story

18. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member