Funky Smell

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jackhole, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

All joking aside, I have a funky smell to my driver's seat. Nothing really rancid, just sort of unpleasant. I've tried the carpet shampoo in a can, Power Out! by Turtle Wax, which is supposed to have "Odor-X" in it. Well it works for a few days, but the scent eventually comes back. What can I do about this. I can clean the seat with it, it just dosen't take away the odor. Any suggestions? Anyone?

BTW, I've also tried Febreze, that shit is garbage, dosen't do shit. Just gives it a DIFFERENT smell, and not one I'd like to have in my car. All this just frustrates me, I paid too much for this thing to have it smell horrible.

-Ryan

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You might have to remove the seat, soap it up, then spray it down until water is running out underneath and looks clear. Then you will have to hit it with a hair dryer until it is dry. Whatever is in there is real deep if regular cleaning isn't getting to it.

Maybe you can take it down to a self-serve car wash and do all that there so you can get high pressure water to flush out whatever is in there. Just don't blast at the foam-it might shred. Just aim at the fabric.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Baking soda...

What about baking soda, I heard if you throw a liberal amount on there for an hour or so, it would suck up odors?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Re: Baking soda...

It might, but if whatever is causing the smell is deep in the foam of the seats, the only way to get rid of it is to drench the seats and suck the water back out to draw the mildew or whatever it is out.