MIL Fund raisers. I know... Just post em.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jyokker, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Here's the skinny:
    I am the Treasurer (that's another story) of my unit's Booster Club.
    We actually have a lot of active members which is surprising because most booster clubs blow donkey dick.

I am trying to come up with ways of raising money, and not through the old car wash means.

Here is what I have set up:
    Ticket raffle: 400 tickets have a different number starting from 001 to 400.
    When people buy tickets there is a minimum buy of 3 tickets, the cost is determined by the ticket number. This example will illustrate: John pulls three tickets from the raffle, his ticket numbers are 036 ($0.36), 340 ($3.40), and 105 ($1.05). The total he would have to pay is $4.81 and he has three chances of winning.

Once the last ticket is sold the total money raised is $802. We then draw three tickets; first winner, second, and third. The first winner wins the largest prize, valued at $200, second is valued at $150, and third is $50.

Post some that you guys have participated in that were successful.

2. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Car Wash

3. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

Pie in the face. $1 per vote. The top 3 and bottom 3 get pies in their face. They can try and buy their way out.

4. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

breakfast burrito sale. scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese. have a kid at taco bell show you how to roll a burrito and make about 150-200 of them, sell them for 50 cents or a dollar each, depending on how big you make them. start selling at the very beginning of the duty day and offer to deliver them. last time we did that we sold out in 30 minutes.

do it a day or two after payday and advertise a couple days before. Nov 1 would be perfect.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

this works like gold. I've seen it done both in the military and civilian world. There is some seriously mad money to be made off of hungry people. Just do not screw up the delivery. Once you get them hooked, they get very angry if you don't show up. :mamoru:

6. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

what he said. not many eat breakfast before work so they'll buy the hell out of the burritos.

7. evan2

evan2 Guest

pie in the face is good, food is always good..luckily we have RIAT here every year and that usually is the big money bringer over 25k usually but this is the biggest military air show

plus we had the small units softball tourney here for usafe this year and there isnt many places on base to eat well two.. the CAC which sucks and bowling alley
    so we grilled for 5 days and made some cash for the base soccer team

your raffle seems like it isnt legal but who knows, ive never seen anything like that done before

im also the Treasurer of the booster club but its for the entire base though your comm squadron could be about the size of my entire base