Fun/Original/Innovative Date/Outing Ideas

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by glass, Apr 13, 2007.

1. glass

glass New Member

i'm just trying to think of things i could do on dates besides the classic dinner out. it doesn't have to be a date (ie someone you don't know too well).. it could be with your spouse, SO, etc.

this one hasn't happened yet, but it's the most interesting idea i can think of right now. a girl i know used to be into art, so i'm thinking a night with some easels and pastel doing still life would be fun. music, a nice cozy room, maybe dinner.. and i have the option of framing her own drawing as a gift or something later on.

what's the most fun date/outing you've been on, heard of, or are hoping to try?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This depends on where you live, but the city I live in has a River run down the one side of it - The entire length. So I know many great spots along it to have bon fires. Spots where A)You won't get hassled by cops for having a fire. B)Even though you are 2 minutes from the city it seems as though you are in cottage country.

You can cook, hang out, look at the stars, etc etc etc. And when you are done it takes 2 minutes to drive back to town. It's like camping without the having to sleep in a tent.

Always seems to work well :dunno:

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

mini golf, bowling, ice skating, roller skating, roller blading...any of those work if both people enjoy the activity.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Every area has something that is unique.

For instance, my town has an awesome downtown area. Its geared towards foot traffic, and even has many scenic trails that start right off the main road.

So that's the best first date in my area, imo.

The funny thing is, the locals rarely go downtown. I go all the time. So when I take a date there, she is somewhat familiar with the area, but chances are she hasn't actually gotten out and experienced it on foot in quite awhile.

We also have a bathhouse downtown that has been turned into a visitor's center, and you can take a self-guided tour. That has been a big hit everytime I've done it on a date.

Additionally, I enjoy mini-golf and bowling. These are activites that I would do for fun with my friends. So they make great dates for me because I have fun. I don't like pool, so I avoid it because I don't enjoy it.

If you aren't familiar with what your area has to offer, spend some time exploring to find out what is out there!

5. demosnat

demosnat New Member

My area has gallery hop: the first sat of every month all of the galleries in the down town arts district stay open until 12, serve wine and snacks, and everyone walks the art district all night...its bad ass.
    Also, we're known for ice cream and hookah bars, both are always a solid bet.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This thread would get some brilliant replies in the main forum :rofl:

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Dinner and movies are the only dates conceivable in the main forum :big grin:

8. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Oooh hike dates are my all time favorite. I wish it was nicer out :wtc:
    Theatre is a great idea too....where are you from OP?

9. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i prefer things like walks down by the beach, bowling, pool, downtown areas around me.

demos, theres one of those art gallery nights around me too, ive never been to it though.

10. low20

low20 Member

if you or her have a dog, a dog run is kinda cool if its a nice day out...just go and bring your dog and watch it go nuts with the other dogs...pretty fun and a good place to have conversation cuz ur not required to do anything and the things the dog will do will strike funny convo

11. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You should. even if you don't dig the art that much you can't beat the people watching.

12. glass

glass New Member

i've tried this before, and it is quite an outing. though, i remember having to restrain the dog (a labrador) to keep it from owning some other guy's pomeranians.

good stuff guys, thanks :)

13. kdizzle59

kdizzle59 New Member

i wished i could take my dogs to places like that..but they are tooo aggressive so i cant...thats a really good idea..maybe i will buy a new puppy and go pick up chicks :x:

14. P7

P7 You have something on your tongue, let me get that

Action dates. Avoid the dinner, coffee, etc. ESPECIALLY avoid the movies - they're like paying $20 for a 2 hour awkward silence.

I grew up in Daytona Beach and I would meet tourist chicks with a buddy of mine and we'd take them to a quiet spot on the beach and throw them on a longboard. You have to be half crippled to not be able to stand up on a longboard (plus they'll ride a ripple so conditions didn't matter) so they always picked it up. From there it was off to one of the surf n turf type places where you can eat on a balcony on the beach. From there it was to a party, club, etc and ending up at a hotel room. Worked flawlessly time after time, adn the key was the action date at the beginning. It worked so well because a majority of tourists at a beach don't live by one at home and they perceive surfing as one of those rediculously hard things to do. It gives them that great feeling you get when you accomplish something you didn't think you could do. They associate that feeling with us because we taught them to do it, and in doing so broke a touch barrier by flirting (splashing, pushing, etc). Most agree that the hardest part of dating is building the initial rapport and leaving a good impression. We were able to accomplish that within a couple hours.

The excitement that surfing for the first time keeps the conversation easy to maintain during dinner. It mostly consisted of old stories and such with the standard "what are ya in school for, where do you work, etc" mixed in to show interest. That stuff bombs in normal dinners when you didn't do anything prior but it works fine for us because we've already differentiated ourselves from the other guys who ask the same questions. It also allows us to get them excited about going out later. We didn't ask if they wanted to come out with us later, we talked about what we were doing and they assumed they were coming. Again, other boring guys would have them considering whether or not they want to spend more time with them, we had them wondering if they were going to get to spend more time with us. We dropped them off at their hotel to shower and clean up.

We went back to my house to do the same and picked them up to take them out to either a club/bar or a house party if there was one going on. The party is always a better choice because there are no age issues and we can display another positive quality - popularity. We obviously always know people at the parties that we go to. Something important that you can do at a house party is leave them alone for a few minutes alone. Have you ever been in a strange social environemtn where you didn't know anyone and you were left alone? Awkward right? We'd mingle for a few minutes and come back to them and they were always happy to see us again. Now its getting to crunch time. We'd get them to a couch or outside or somewhere else isolated and start flirting some more, pushing the touch barrier, etc. The interest has been mutual for the entire day so it's notthat hard to start moving for first base. Sometimes we'd round third before we made it to the next step, depends on the girls.

After the party we'd either go back to their room for more drinks (they know what it means too, they're not stupid.) or get a room someplace if they were with family. Sometimes this didn't happen at all, again it depends on the girl, but the ones who declined were almost always in town for a few more days so we had time.

We did this so often it became fucking routine. Prior to us working all that out I thought of dating to be a complex fucking nightmare. While we were doing this I started to notice that there was a distinct pattern in the way that the dates went and it got easier and easier with practice. The routine was successful, I think, because the girls got to socialize with us in different environemnts (my shitty dinner dates prior had one, maybe 2 environemnts), and we kept their energy up the whole time. We were always in out comfort zone because that's where we grew up and that rubbed off on them The girls were also in the excited "im on vacation" mood.

Anyway the point is that you can either go on a standard date and try your fucking balls off to be unique and get her interested, or you can pick something original and exciting and have her guessing from the beginning. Go rock climbing, parasailing, bowling, etc. Follow that up with some coffee or ice cream if you feel the date is going well enough to spend more time with her. And it doesn't have to be at night. Some people think lunch is a one way road to the friend zone, but it isn't. Go innertubing or rafting down a river and stop somewhere for lunch. Don't go to Bennegans.

Cliffs: Be original with your dates.

15. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I love the Zoo.

16. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I like nice zoos. I went to this really terrible bear "sanctuary" in DC i think as a kid, it kind of turned me off to zoos alltogether. These bears were in small fenced, indoor cages with concrete floors and no access to outside. I cried for like, hours.

17. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

This is a fucking fantastic post.

You should post here regularly.

18. glass

glass New Member

great stuff P7. the boring date is exactly what i'm trying to avoid :)

i'm thinking of rock climbing.. it crossed my mind that it's probably a better date if you're experienced at it. then it crossed my mind that this is true for any activity you decide to take your date on. last week i made the mistake of taking a girl out to play pool when she played better than i could.

the fact that they begin to associate that feeling of accomplishment with you is a huge plus. it's a very good reason to widen your experiences.. be it just your general knowledge base or your hobbies. that feeling of "i went out with this guy once, and i learned XYZ" is hard to beat. that makes it important to try the less common things.

also.. i notice that people who've been in long-term relationships seem to be harder to impress. it's like they've had the chance to try all the novel stuff, while they people who go on first dates are used to.. the classic first dates.

19. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i had a friend that did rock climing the other weekend, it worked out great :bigthumb:

20. glass

glass New Member

oh.. and it's not just about "trying new things". raising their heart rate has been proven to be a huge plus, hasn't it?

21. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It sounds strange, but the first "date" I ever took my current girlfriend on was the shooting range. She has never fired a gun before, and was kind of nervous, but I think something about it turned her on. We went and spent 3+ hours there and she had a blast.

Must have worked, I've still got her 4+ years later. ;)

22. P7

Not necessarily. I was never very good at surfing at all, I just knew the fundamentals. The only surfing I needed to show them was paddling, standing up and riding straight. And, as I said, surfing a longboard is like standing up in a boat. It's all about having a good time. I grew up at the beach and I love surfing and I always have a great time doing it. Go rock climbing once by yourself or with a friend to see if you like it. If you don't, going with a girl isn't going to make it any more fun and your negative attitude towards it will rub off on her through your subconscious speech and body language. If you go and she gets to the top before you every time, but you're both having a genuinely good time the date is a success. She's not going to think "This guy can't even climb a mountain faster than me, what's to make me think he can protect and provide for me?"

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

lesson of some sort....be it sailing, shooting, or throwing pots, whatever it is you love, teach them the basics.

your enthusiasm/passion will show through, and youre teaching them something. both traits i find very attractive. :dunno:

24. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

My favorite dates have been going out bar hopping etc. Not getting drunk per se but it's fun to see what the other person is like with their guard down a little bit. Also it makes the :naughty: come a little easier :big grin:

25. P7

What does bar hopping have to do with getting someone out of their shell?